WiFi Explorer Lite is a wireless network discovery tool that can help you identify channel conflicts and configuration problems affecting your home or office Wi-Fi network's connectivity or performance.
• Easy-to-use, intuitive user interface
• Graphical visualization of the Wi-Fi environment
• Supports 2.4 GHz, 5 GHz, and 6 GHz frequency bands as well as 20, 40, 80, 160, and 320 MHz channels
• Supports Wi-Fi 4, 5, 6, 6E, and 7
• Works with 802.11a/b/g/n/ac/ax/be networks
For advanced scanning, monitoring, and troubleshooting of wireless networks, consider WiFi Explorer.
• Requires a Mac with built-in Wi-Fi (external Wi-Fi adapters are not supported).
• Requires a Mac with built-in Wi-Fi 6E for scanning networks on the 6 GHz band.
• Fixes an issue where some WPA/WPA2 networks were being identified as WPA2 only.
• Other minor fixes and improvements.
If you find WiFi Explorer Lite useful and have a few minutes, please share your thoughts by leaving a review in the Mac App Store. It will make a huge difference to us!
Found a problem or have a concern? Please visit the WiFi Explorer Lite Support website or @wifiexplorer on X and message us so we can resolve it.
Ratings and Reviews
Simple App for Rookie Users
This is an awesome app if, like me, you don't really know what you're doing, but you know you need to adjust some router settings. I figured out what channel and bandwidth would work best in my house. Especially helpful when i've got a dozen neighbors who's WiFi passes in and around my home. Was able to weed out interference and improve the performance of my network. Totally worth $3.
Wifi Diagnosis. Simple. Powerful.
This app is a simple, yet powerful way to surveil your WiFi radio landscape. I personally use it to tweak my router settings to find the magic channels that give me the best bandwidth in a crowded neighborhood. I also use the app when I'M experiencing connectivity issues as part of the troubleshooting process. This app does what it claims, flawlessly.
Outstanding App. I'd give it 6 stars, if I could.
Kudos to the developer for creating this app.
The information in the List portion is easy to read and understand.
And, what is really nice is that all columns can be sorted, moved left and right, and collapsed. Plus the person can view All wifi signals in the area or just the 2.4GHz or 5GHz signals.
My one suggestion would be to be able to hide columns that the viewer doesn't want to see.
The graph screen that is below the listing can be raised or lowered, or pulled all the way down so it disappears. Great feature.
Again, Kudos to the developer.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Intuitibits LLC
- 5.3 MB
- Requires macOS 10.14.6 or later.
English, French, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2018-2023 Intuitibits LLC
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.