Big Sur Ready. Please enable location services for WiFi scanner in macOS Catalina, Mojave, Big Sur. See FAQ # 10 https://www.accessagility.com/faq-wifi-scanner
Using WiFi Scanner you’ll see nearby wireless access points and their details, including channels, signal levels (RSSI), noise, channel width, and MAC address, signal quality, maximum data rate, encryption, and much more. Also includes upload and download speed testing to quickly measure and analyze WiFi Internet performance problems.
“…your wireless router is fighting for spectrum with its neighbors, potentially slowing you down and making your Internet experience less pleasurable. ...WiFi Scanner helps you solve this problem by showing you all the access point(s) nearby, and suggesting the best configuration settings to get the most out of your router.” -- MacWorld
Simple, fast wireless network discovery of 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac access points. WiFi Scanner is great for determining the best position for an access point at home or in the office. After selecting the best position, the optimal channel to use can be determined by selecting the least used channel resulting in improved WiFi speeds.
▪ Simple, fast wireless network discovery of 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac access points.
▪ Connect to detected networks using join button
▪ Full support for both 2.4 and 5 GHz networks
▪ Support for all channel bandwidths (20, 40, 80, and 160 MHz)
▪ Display detailed wireless network parameters: network name (SSID), signal level (RSSI), MAC address (BSSID), signal quality, channel, maximum data rate, encryption, etc.
▪ Display changes in signal level over time in graphical form.
▪ Filter list of detected wireless networks by specified parameters (SSID/network name, channel, channel band, signal strength)
▪ Display wireless connection statistics in the form of graphs and tables.
▪ Give each access point a custom label
▪ Export results to comma separated value (CSV) files
▪ Generate summary reports in HTML format
WiFi Speed Testing
▪ Upload and download WiFi speed testing
▪ Use speed testing feature to troubleshoot WiFi networks
▪ Auto run speed test when client roams to different access point
▪ Auto repeat speed test with wait time between tests
"Who's On My Network" (IP Scanner)
▪ Fast IP scanner that detects unknown devices connected to your WiFi network.
▪ Detects hostnames, determines the MAC address, and in some cases can auto-detect device type (phone, laptop, router, etc).
▪ Configured icon for discovered devices is saved for future scans.
▪ Scanning results can be saved to CSV file via menu export option.
▪ Great for finding WiFi "Piggybackers".
Advanced Features (supported by some access points)
▪ Display access point name if configured by network administrator
▪ Display number of devices connected to each access point
▪ Display channel utilization
▪ Display if 802.11r is enabled and type
▪ Display if WiFi protection mechanisms are enabled
Help and Support
▪ Included Help clearly explains features and all app screens
▪ Email: email@example.com
▪ Twitter: @accessagility
WiFi Scanner is the most feature rich and complete WiFi scanning app on the app store and is a great tool for personal use and for IT professionals. All features available on 10.7 and later (Lion, Mountain Lion, Mavericks, and Yosemite, El Capitan, Sierra. Use WiFi scanner to find WiFi dead zones and select the best configuration for your WiFi access point / router to prevent video buffering.
For questions, feature requests, or support please email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us via Twitter @accessagility.
- Additional improvements for Catalina
*** Please enable location services for WiFi scanner in macOS Catalina or Mojave. See FAQ # 10 https://www.accessagility.com/faq-wifi-scanner **
Ratings and Reviews
Good Tool...but gotta turn on location services!!!
I love this tool, but it stopped working after an update. Turns out you gotta turn on Locatin Services under System Preferences>>>Security>>>Privacy. I would have never found out how to fix this if not for the other reviews.
Stopped working, But there is a FIX!
I guess it stopped working when i upgraded to High Sierra or catalina not sure when.. But bascially i was only able to see 1 wifi network in the scan which was odd. This app always worked beautifully before. Turns out, all you had to do was enable Location Services, unders system preferences > security > Privacy..
back to 5 stars
Extremely useful for diagnosing Wifi issues
This app does a great job of showing all the APs near you, along with a great deal of information about each one. It graphs out signals on both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz bands.
The interface can start off pretty cluttered with tons of SSIDs, but a little tweaking will eliminate the clutter and help you see exactly what is on each channel.
A great inSSIDer alternative.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- AccessAgility LLC
- 13 MB
- Requires macOS 10.9 or later.
- Age Rating
- © AccessAgility LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.