WiFi Signal lets you monitor your Wi-Fi network’s status and signal quality, notifying you about changes in your Wi-Fi connection.
WiFi Signal can also recommend alternative channels for your network, thus avoiding signal overlapping and channel conflicts resulting in connectivity issues and performance degradation.
• Simple, straightforward user interface
• Fully customizable, multi-line status icon display options
• Annotations to quickly identify different access points
• Detachable popover window
• Automatic channel recommendations
• Accurate dBm to percentage (%) conversion
• Real-time graphs for signal strength and noise level, Signal-to-Noise Ratio (SNR), transmit rate, or MCS index (if supported)
• Signal quality ratings based on SNR measurements
• Notifications and logging of changes in your Wi-Fi network connection, such as when the computer joins or disconnects from a network, moves to a different access point, or when data rate or channel configuration changes are detected
• Comprehensive app's help describes how to use the tool the most effective way
• Light and dark mode support
Requires a Mac with built-in Wi-Fi. External Wi-Fi adapters are not supported.
For a more comprehensive analysis of the Wi-Fi environment, consider WiFi Explorer, also available in the Mac App Store.
• Fixes an issue where the MCS index was not shown in specific systems even if the metric was available.
• Removes support to display the maximum transmit rate as the Wi-Fi adapter doesn't longer report this metric accurately.
• Updates vendors database.
Also in version 4.4:
• Adds support for Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax).
• Adds the ability to display annotations in notifications (see Preferences > Notifications).
• Adds the ability to display the number of spatial streams (supported Mac models only) in the status display using pattern %L (see Preferences > Status).
• Adds support to display annotations created in WiFi Explorer Pro 3 automatically.
• Fixes crash that may occur when viewing event logs.
• New app's icon and help book.
• Other bug fixes and improvements.
If you find WiFi Signal useful and have a couple of minutes, please share your thoughts by leaving a review in the Mac App Store. It will make a huge difference to us!
Found a problem or have a concern? Please visit the WiFi Signal Support website and send us a message so we can resolve it.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Absolutely indispensable utility
I've been using WiFi Signal (as well as its big brother, WiFi Explorer) for years, and always appreciate the insights it provides. From the detailed metrics it displays (far beyond anything the built-in menubar item provides), to the alerts when changing base stations (helping to diagnose network dead spots, or problematic connections), to simply giving insights into signal quality and SNR, this is a wondeful tool to have in your arsenal.
PLUS, the new customizable 2-line status display, and new method of annotating networks to help further clarify your connection ("Wait - is this BSSID the access point in the living room, or the one in the kitchen?"), and the version 4.3 update makes this tool even better … although I didn't previously think that was possible.
If you do anything WiFi on your Mac (and let's face it, who doesn't?) you owe it to yourself to download WiFi Signal.
Much more helpful than the stock macOS menu bar WiFi icon
Being able to see exactly which AP I am connected to is invaluable. To get good 5GHz coverage, I have 5 access points distributed throughout my house, connected to my router via Ethernet, with a common SSID. Adrian’s WiFi Explorer app lets me assign a label (aka Annotation) to each AP based on the AP’s BSSID, or MAC address. These labels are remembered and synced to WiFi Signal. So rather than giving me an obscure MAC address, WiFi Signal will tell me I am connected to e.g. “AP3 Back Room”.
It will also give you popup alerts when you roam from AP to AP, which gives you a good idea of your AP coverage.
Great app and fantastic support to boot! Thanks Adrian.
Clear display and easy to use
I use this every day to see if it is my location, lots of users on a channel, or a Comcast delay. Super easy to use. Menu bar app- click once to open; then click again to close. Accurate info about strength of the Wifi signal you are getting in real time, so you can move your desktop and laptop around to get the best signal. Also recommends better channels if you have a lot of neighbors using your channel. Been using it reliably for years. One of my best app purchases.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Intuitibits LLC
- 2.1 MB
- Requires macOS 10.13 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2012-2021 Intuitibits LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.