Monitor and troubleshoot the quality of your Wi-Fi connection.
WiFi Signal is a system menu bar application that provides easy access to your Wi-Fi connection details (name, channel, transmit rate, signal strength, noise, etc.), monitors the signal quality of your wireless network, and can find and recommend alternative channels for your network thus avoiding signal overlapping and channel conflicts that can result in connectivity issues and performance degradation.
• Simple, straightforward user interface
• Fully customizable status icon display options
• Light and dark mode support
• Accurate dBm to percentage (%) conversion
• Real-time graphs for signal strength and noise level, Signal-to-Noise Ratio (SNR), transmit rate, or MCS index (if supported)
• Signal quality ratings based on SNR measurements
• Automatic channel recommendations*
• Notifications and event logging for common events, such as when the computer joins to or disconnects from a network, roams to a different access point, or when data rate or channel configuration changes are detected
• Comprehensive app's help describes how to use the tool the most effective way
Requires a Mac with built-in Wi-Fi. External Wi-Fi adapters are not supported.
For a more comprehensive analysis of the Wi-Fi environment consider WiFi Explorer, also available in the Mac App Store.
• Extended syntax of the display pattern to let you modify the string shown in the menu bar (see Preferences > Status for details).
• Added ability to detach the popover window from the menu bar so you can keep it around and over your Desktop.
• Added AP name support for MikroTik and Mist access points.
• Fixed a few issues when switching between system appearances.
• Updated vendors database.
If you find WiFi Signal useful and have a couple of minutes, please share your thoughts by leaving a review in the Mac App Store. It will make a huge difference to me!
Found a problem or have a concern? Please visit the WiFi Signal Support website and send me a message so we can resolve it.
Ratings and Reviews
Much more helpful than the stock macOS menu bar WiFi icon
Being able to see exactly which AP I am connected to is invaluable. To get good 5GHz coverage, I have 5 access points distributed throughout my house, connected to my router via Ethernet, with a common SSID. Adrian’s WiFi Explorer app lets me assign a label (aka Annotation) to each AP based on the AP’s BSSID, or MAC address. These labels are remembered and synced to WiFi Signal. So rather than giving me an obscure MAC address, WiFi Signal will tell me I am connected to e.g. “AP3 Back Room”.
It will also give you popup alerts when you roam from AP to AP, which gives you a good idea of your AP coverage.
Great app and fantastic support to boot! Thanks Adrian.
Clear display and easy to use
I use this every day to see if it is my location, lots of users on a channel, or a Comcast delay. Super easy to use. Menu bar app- click once to open; then click again to close. Accurate info about strength of the Wifi signal you are getting in real time, so you can move your desktop and laptop around to get the best signal. Also recommends better channels if you have a lot of neighbors using your channel. Been using it reliably for years. One of my best app purchases.
Simplest always on tool for IT professionals
I've been using this for years now and it is still hands down the simplest way to easily see your network info, wifi signal strength, roaming, etc. Very useful for any IT professional or home user who is managing multiple access points and deciding on placement. Great options for cutom notifications, etc. Thanks Adrian!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.