WiFi Survey can be used to perform WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac speed tests and wifi site surveys of indoor and outdoor networks. An iPerf3 client and server is integrated with app and allows for placements of speed test markers on a floor plan. The iPerf3 client/server is compatible with WiFiPerf and iPerf3 apps.
Signal collection in dBm is achieved by using the AirPort Utility running on same device.
- Add floor plan images to project from device camera, image library or Dropbox
- Copy/Clone projects
- Scale floor plan using touch interface
- Measure area of a floor plan or select areas using touch interface to draw outline
- Limit heat map generation to a defined area using touch interface to draw area
- Place WiFi and WiFi sensor markers
- Place computer room, electrical/POE and router/switch markers on floor plan
- Document WiFi or WiFi sensor location using device camera
- Draw cabling paths and app will measure distance and include in reports with total length
- Generate signal and speed test heat maps
- Internet download speed test
- Internal/Custom web server download speed test
- Multiple markers/icons to help document existing and planned networks
- Enter data into app using device camera and barcodes
- Flexible reports can include all items placed on floor plan or select information
- Reports in HTML format to allow editing and custom text
- Export report via email or Dropbox
- Many more...
Please see app's user guide for details on features and how to use app.
Send questions or feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Added upload speed testing
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Don’t bother your better off walking around with a cell phone with a ping app
I paid for previous version, now it asks me to pay again. It did not work properly anyway
Not a business tool level yet.
Works pretty well for speed tests, but no coverage heatmaps
I purchased this as well as the companion WiFiPerf app (to perform imperfect speed tests).
The interface is intuitive, although its impossible to use without having access to the user guide PDF as there are no labels for any of the icons/symbols that you place on your floor plan to perform the various functions.
There are scaling issues in projects.
If you setup a new project and scale it using the ruler tool, you cannot then zoom in/out on the map while performing your survey, because your plotted test markers will get misplaced. Although the floor plan image expands or shrinks as you pinch, the underlying grid for data points must not. This was a disappointment because finer touch control may be difficult on complex floor plans without the ability to zoom during a project
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.