WikEM is an online wiki and database of emergency medicine knowledge to assist physicians with their daily practice. The content is continuously updated from WikEM.org allowing for rapid reference of key information. The content is available offline with this mobile application. WikEM is intended for clinicians only and not directly for patients.
In app subscription purchases:
*The in-app purchase unlocks personalized lists and favorites for 1 year
• Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
• Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable
fixed offline and airplane mode issues
Ratings and Reviews
The app was just updated for the iPhone X and now things seem to be working well. Hyperlinks has been broken for a while, but now seem to be working again.
This has become my go to app on shift, replacing several other expensive options like pepid and UpToDate! The app is fast, concise, has great information, and is free!! Hard to beat.
Great website, horrible app
I love the website. It’s very helpful, a resource I used often during training, and something I turn to on shift sometimes for a refresher or reassurance. However the app is unusable. No matter what I do it cannot download the database. It will say “downloading content” for days without change. Even in previous versions when it could download the database the search bar would end up with no results. Now the search bar doesn’t do anything and the clinical pages are empty. To be honest for the last two to three years the quality in this app has become extremely poor but now I would tell trainees and colleagues to avoid this app.
Developer Response ,
I'm sorry you have had such a frustration. I can assure that I am working to make the offline content more seamless but I can also assure that this app does indeed work on an iphone XR which I am using right now. Please connect to wifi and click the blue update button to allow a full sync and you will be good to go in less than a minute.
-Dan Ostermayer, MD
Pretty good study tool
Great once I figured out how to download the database! I don’t use this in clinical practice but it’s a good study tool to refresh on topics I’m interested in. Some in the data seems out of date but it’s still a good resource for your knowledge base.
- OpenEM Foundation
- 58 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2017 OpenEM Foundation
- In-App Purchases
- Premium Features $4.99
- Favorites and Lists $5.99
- Personal Notes $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.