Wikipanion arrives for the iPad!
Accessing Wikipedia has never been faster and easier than with Wikipanion, designed for easy, search, navigation and display of Wikipedia entries. Streamline your browsing with history grouped by visit date, and bookmarking that not only bookmarks individual entries, but individual sections within an entry. Featuring intelligent features such as:
- Table of contents browser that knows where you are in the page
- Multiple search methods including Smart completion with entry preview, Google searching and a full text Wikipedia search
- Dual language searching and language switching (hiding languages you don't care about)
- Bookmark, including bookmarking individual sections of pages
- History, grouped by last visit date
- Full in-page searching
- Wiktionary dictionary term looking without leaving the current page
- Table based category browsing
- iCloud syncing
- Image saving to the Photo library
- Ogg vorbis audio playback for dictionary pronunciations and other audio content available on Wikipedia
- Article coordinate link shows location on map
- Contextual knowledge for sending links to specific sections in a Wikipedia entry
- Easily turn on automatic focusing of the search field on launch
Tip: Click into the search bar to cancel a page load request. To refresh a page, visit the page, click in the search bar and then hit "enter" again keeping the same page name.
See the Wikipanion web site for more details about all of the available features.
- Fixes issues with loading pages that have a quotation mark (") in them
- Improves search in page functionality
Ratings and Reviews
Great app but falls short
Please add Night Mode!!!
I’ve used this since getting an iPad 2. It’s the best looking and easy to use Wikipedia app. My only request is that there be a gesture to go back a page (the usual swipe to the right brings up a useful left hand pane).
Great wiki app
I’ve had the iPhone version since my iPhone 3G. When I got my iPad 2 this was one of the very first apps I downloaded. It’s fantastic, ad-free, and continues to get updates. One of my all-time favorite apps on my iPhone and iPad.
- Robert Chin
- 8.2 MB
Requires iOS 12.2 or later. Compatible with iPad.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Ukrainian
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2010-2019 Robert Chin
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.