WillCrafter Lite: A DIY app for making your own will
The same easy-to-use tools used in WillCrafter for iPads are now available for iPhone (and iPad) users as well! WillCrafter Lite lets you create your own will in small, easily digestible sections. You may then email the final result to yourself so you can print and sign it. With simple instructions, the app’s adherence to individual state signing requirements, and user-friendly navigation, WillCrafter Lite gives you an easy method to create your own will.
WillCrafter Lite includes:
- Creating a family tree of children, grandchildren, siblings and others (as needed)
- Naming your Executor/Personal Representative and giving them the authority to deal with your estate
- Naming Guardians for children and dependents (optional)
- Listing out gifts (bequests) for individuals or charities (optional)
- Naming the beneficiaries of your estate
- Creating separate lists of bequests and beneficiaries depending on whether you or your spouse/partner pass away first
- Giving burial instructions (optional, usually not enforceable)
- Signing and attestation requirements for each of the fifty states (plus D.C.)
WillCrafter Lite does NOT cover:
- Complicated situations
- Tax sheltered trusts
- Testamentary trusts
- Special needs trusts
- Creating a trust
- Powers of Attorney
- Health Care Powers of Attorney
- Advance Directives for Health Care (Living Wills)
- Manual and supplemental forms found in Will Crafter (available on iPads only, for $4.99)
Minor text updates, under-the-hood updates for smoother function with newer iOS versions.
Ratings and Reviews
Doesn’t work in Landscape
Does what it says it does, but doesn’t work in landscape mode. So if you intend to use this on the iPad, be forewarned.
Worked for me
Both my husband and I used this to generate our wills. Easy, straight forward.
Won’t even let you get past first page
I bought it, figured $1.99 for a simple will was a bargain. App won’t even let you enter the state you live in, then says fill out all blanks....repeat ad nauseum
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.