Accurate local weather
YOUR LOCAL WEATHER SERVICE
WillyWeather organises the world's weather data into the most valuable local information. The app includes radar, satellite, detailed wind, rain, tide, swell and UV forecasts, as well as moon phases, and sunrise and sunset times.
Going beyond the average weather service, we process and fine-tune forecast data to the specific coordinates of thousands of locations including all suburbs, towns, beaches, rivers, parks, lakes and islands.
• WEATHER - Seven day BoM weather forecasts tailored to each location including min/max temperatures, and detailed weather descriptions.
• RADAR - Raw BoM radar data, refined, processed and integrated with iOS maps.
• SATELLITE - National satellite view, displaying cloud cover for the entire Australian continent integrated with iOS maps.
• TIDES - The most comprehensive tide times system in Australia, bringing together BoM standard port data with offsets from the Australian National Tide Tables and various state based marine agencies. Includes every beach in Australia, and many river systems and inlets.
• WIND - An amalgamation of the most accurate global wind forecast models gathered from the BoM, NOAA and ECMWF, interpolated to the exact coordinates for each location and vetted against real-time wind observations to deliver the best performing information.
• UV - Hourly UV index forecasts, including alerts outlining extreme conditions when there is risk of harm from unprotected sun exposure.
• MOON PHASES - Full moon and new moon phases, illumination and rise and set times. Deeply integrated with tidal data.
• RAINFALL - Intuitive visual indication of rainfall probability and intensity for the week ahead, using the latest ACCESS models provided by the BoM.
• SWELL - Swell height, period and direction for each beach in Australia.
• SUNRISE SUNSET - Sunrise and sunset times with first light and last light.
• REAL TIME observational data - with trends for all locations including current temperature, feels-like temperature, rain today, rain last hour, humidity, pressure, wind speed, wind direction, wind gusts and dew point.
• BOM WARNINGS - Easily accessible and specifically targeted to the locations affected.
• Interactive rainfall radar and satellite, using iOS maps: pan and zoom like you've always wanted through the national BoM radar network, and continental satellite view to see exactly where rain is falling around you, or your favourite locations. Our mapping features provides more control, and more detail than any other Australian weather source.
• Stunning, interactive tide, swell, and wind forecast graphs which allow you to easily understand the conditions at your favourite surf beach, secret fishing spot or upcoming hike - in real-time, and up to seven days in the future. We're particularly proud of our graphs, we pushed the boundaries to provide you with more context, and more detail for each weather type.
• A beautiful, simple and organised interface in which the weather data that is important to you is easy to find, consume and interact with. Our goal was to present accurate and relevant weather information to you, as quickly, and easily as possible.
Introducing WillyWeather+ Subscriptions, with custom weather alerts, more forecast data, more historical data, rain intensity 30-minute projections on the radar interface, the ability to alter an array of rain alert settings, ad removal, and more coming soon!
For users upgrading from version 2:
Custom Weather Alerts
- adds: the ability to create weather alerts based on custom criteria (WillyWeather+ feature)
- adds: a detailed alert page that displays the data triggered in a custom weather alert (WillyWeather+ feature)
- adds: forecast radar frames on the mapping interface (WillyWeather+ feature)
- adds: forecast radar gradient changes on the radar slider in mapping
- adds: forecast radar countdown on maps
- adds: rain intensity 30-minute graph projection on maps (WillyWeather+ feature)
- adds: advanced settings for rain alerts (WillyWeather+ feature)
- adds: a banner informing users when rain alerts and warning notifications are no longer functioning correctly because either locations or notifications access has been revoked
- adds: haptic feedback when dragging the slider on mapping
- adds: auto-rotate functionality to the map interface
- improves: touch area when changing radar stations on mapping
- adds: the following complications
Feels Like Temperature (corner)
- Rain Chance (corner)
- Rain Observation (corner)
- Humidity (corner)
- Pressure (circular, corner)
- adds: ability to change the type of voice used in warning notifications and rain alerts
- adds: jump to date feature and infinite scrolling for tides, moon and swell (WillyWeather+ feature)
- adds: ability to sign into web accounts and sync preferences across different platforms
- adds: ability to delete accounts and all related data
- adds: swell and tide icons to search results and the favourites list, to better distinguish different locations.
- improves: the design and performance of widgets
- improves: the design of the favourites screen in preparation for being able to replace default graphs with custom graphs (WillyWeather+ upcoming feature).
- improves: holiday labels so that they can be dynamically updated and are independent of updates to the app
- improves: reliability of radar on watch app
- fixes: distorted sound of notifications on iOS17
- fixes: a tonne of other bugs
For users upgrading from 3.0.0
- fixes: issue where rain alerts aren't automatically activated for new users
- fixes: issue where on the watch app, sometimes the screen goes blank when changing locations
- fixes: random crashes particularly on the location picker
For users upgrading from 3.0.1
- fixes: issue where sun widgets only show two sun events (sunrise and first light)
For users upgrading from 3.0.2
- fixes: issue where the fullscreen map isn't zoomed into the right region
- fixes: issue where the zoom level in the map screen gets reset when new radar frames are fetched
- fixes: issue where the swell/tide location picker shows glitched list when selecting a swell/tide location
- fixes: issue where some users can't log in sometimes
- fixes: issue where widgets and the watch complications/app stop updating
- improves: user experience by moving the WillyWeather+ banner further away from the edge of the scrollable graphs
For users upgrading from 3.0.3
- fixes: issue where deleted favorites get restored on app restart
- fixes: random crashes especially on the map screen
- fixes: issue where black arrows are displayed instead of red arrows on wind graphs
- fixes: issue where some premium purchases fail
For users upgrading from 3.0.4
- fixes: issue where some unneeded map overlays are still being fetched
Ratings and Reviews
Good as it gets
I've purchased a lot of weather apps. Frankly, I don't know why, but I do enjoy looking at different interfaces. I've tried a bunch on my Apple watch. Some are very informative but don't have a well made interface for the watch. I just want to look at my wrist and see what's going to happen NOW and for the next few hours. Willy fits my needs perfectly. Thank you developers for writing such an excellent watch implementation. I've used it for a short time, but it's definitely worth the purchase. I HATE ads and software authors should be rewarded for their work. Some people just whine about the ads instead of doing the right thing and buying. Most happily it's a one-time purchase and not a ridiculously priced subscription. Heck, it's $3.99 one time. Pay once and enjoy indefinitel.
I ♥️ WILLY WEATHER!!!
Willy Weather will always be my go-to source for accurate, real-time weather forecasts and reports! And hey, that’s coming from a Wannabe Weather Girl (no joke, I dreamed of growing up and becoming a meteorologist!) who literally got grounded when she was growing up for watching The Weather Channel “too much” ummm…. Okay?! So, yeah, I highly recommend WW app, Especially above the other well known weather app that everyone uses. WW is ad free, it doesn’t cost a dime, it’s ACCURATE, you can set it to send you your daily forecast, plus it has the moon phases, tides, wind speeds, rainfall amounts, humidity, temperatures, sunrise, sunset, wind speeds and so many more cool features that you’ll enjoy playing with! Just download it already!!! You’ll be glad you did!!! Take it from an old Wannabe Weather Girl!
Wow! WillyWeather Sets the Standard
Hey everyone, I was a WeatherBug guy since it’s weather-service-app first became available (I even had a Weather Bug tee-shirt). HOWEVER, doing due diligence, I’ve ”sampled” several weather apps over the years; Weather Channel, Weather Live, NOAA Weather, My Radar, etc, and no-one rivaled WB, until NOW. WillyWeather is absolutely made for persons who want a serious but user-friendly weather app. Every aspect of WillyWeather’s weather presentation of weather data is easily readable and applicable from going to the beach, boating, hiking, yard work, flying, farming, road tripping or traveling in general. We live on the Chesapeake Bay, Maryland, and weather can turn-on-a-dime. Good weather forecasts aren't just a convenience, but a life-preserving requirement. GET THIS APP! You won't regret taking the time to do so.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Usage Data
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- WillyWeather (AU) Pty Ltd
- 86.2 MB
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Apple Watch
- Requires watchOS 7.0 or later.
- Apple Vision
- Requires visionOS 1.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2024 WillyWeather
- In-App Purchases
- Ad Removal $3.99
- WillyWeather+ (Yearly) $29.99
- WillyWeather+ (Monthly) $3.99
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.