WIN What I Need connects users to 12 categories of free resources. WIN is free, easy to use, and empowers homeless, abused and resource-insecure youth, families and adults to find services that will help them build an independent life.
Users can search for anything, from food pantries and homeless shelters, to free health services, educational resources and more. More than a directory- WIN users can receive alerts about job fairs and other community events, offer feedback and connect to live assistance hotlines through the “I Need Help Now” page.
In addition to serving homeless, abused and struggling youth, families and adults, WIN What I Need is a powerful referral tool supporting those serving individuals in need of immediate help or supportive services.
WIN is currently available in Los Angeles County, CA and Trenton/Mercer County NJ.
WITH WIN YOU CAN:
• Find job help, homeless shelters, free food pantries, healthcare, crisis support, drop-in centers,
• Legal assistance, education resources, government benefits, public transportation, and more.
• Call domestic violence shelters, sex trafficking hotlines, mental health services, crisis and suicide prevention hotlines.
• Search for programs that serve your age, gender or region of the county.
• Find specialized resources just for veterans, LGBTQ, foster youth, pregnant and/or parenting teens or adults.
• View human services near you – they are listed first if your location is on.
• Use the map to see where a program is located.
• Read detailed information about each program to find the best “fit”
• Read or submit comments about user experiences.
• Call or email agencies using WIN app live links.
• Get directions to chosen agencies.
• View real time availability of beds at shelters.
• Share the app easily with others.
• Read or listen Helpful Info explanations about program or service options.
• Search for services without an internet connection (although some features such as mapping, directions and real-time email are disabled).
Developer: OurChildrenLA (OCLA)
Copyright: OurChildrenLA 2019
Bug fixes and Feature Enhancements.
Ratings and Reviews
What an amazing app !! Don’t hesitate to check it out
Anything I need and this app helps me find it! 📲 It’s so easy to use as well !
And yes the search button works I just used it to find a pantry near me. 🥰
Doesn’t do anything
Nothing pulls up in the search. A waste of energy and time.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Our Children LA
- 61.7 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Copyright©2020 - Our Children LA
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.