Turn your iPad/iPhone into a wind tunnel simulator !
Draw obstacles and watch the fluid flow around. Experiment with different sizes, shapes, aerodynamic profiles and see what happens !
Tap the blue button to bring application controls. Three segmented controls let you choose between:
• 4 touch actions: interact with the fluid, draw walls, insert smoke probe, use eraser tool.
• 4 visualization modes: particles, smoke, pressure field, velocity field.
• 2 simulation modes: wind tunnel (with adjustable wind speed), free mode (with no constrained wind).
If you are interested in more options, check out Wind Tunnel, the paid version of this app, with many more features!
New in version 1.5.1:
- updated for iOS 9
New in version 1.5:
- improved retina graphics
- new simulation engine for dual-core devices
- iPhone 5 support
- other graphic improvements
New in version 1.3:
- Much more accurate fluid simulation engine.
- Visualization of velocity field, with this color scheme : black (fluid at rest), blue, red, yellow (highest speed).
- New preset models (try "swirl" !).
- Ability to change smoke color : in "interact" touch action and "smoke" mode, double tap on the smoke source, at the top of the screen
- Fixed bugs on boundary conditions.
New in version 1.2:
- Added support for older iphones and ipod touch (armv6)
- Minor bug fixes
- Added models of the "Lite" version
Fluid motion is computed by solving Navier-Stokes equations, at high definition ( 23000 grid cells on ipad ) thanks to a well-optimized code taking the most out of CPU performance.
Thank you all for your great comments.
This app has been updated by Apple to use the latest Apple signing certificate.
-- Updated for iOS 9
-- Explore the wave nature of light in our new electromagnetic simulation app LightWave Studio!
-- Perform quantitative fluid analysis (Reynolds number, speed and viscosity units) in a refined simulation engine (second order advection, immersed boundary method) in our new Wind Tunnel CFD app developed in partnership with Numeca!
--This original Wind Tunnel app, now five years old, becomes free! More information at www.algorizk.com/windtunnel.
Ratings and Reviews
Do a few changes.
This is a cool app but unlike the paid version of wind tunnel, there is an option to change the angle of attack of the shape you draw like an airfoil but this free version doesn’t have that please add an option for changing the angle of the drawn shape
This is a great app. I'd like to have a bit of control as to where the flow comes from and points at (have more than one incoming direction) or place fans.
Used it to get an idea of wind flow inside and around my home, and around people.
This is a very easy and is helpful to tell people about when resistance and drag
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- 1.5 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2015 Algorizk
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.