Turn your iPad/iPhone into a wind tunnel simulator !
Draw obstacles and watch the fluid flow around. Experiment with different sizes, shapes, aerodynamic profiles and see what happens !
Wind Tunnel is the extended version of the Wind Tunnel Free app. It adds visualization modes (turbulence, fluid direction), vga output, ability to load and save scenes, share scenes by email, rotate obstacles, adjust friction and viscosity and many more features.
Full feature list include :
• 4 actions : interact with the fluid, draw obstacles (free or straight lines), draw smoke sources, use eraser tool.
• visualization modes : particles (streamlines, streaklines and random), colored smoke (predefined stripes, streamlines and custom), pressure field, speed norm visualization, curl (visualize turbulences), velocity field (visualize speed direction) combined with speed norm or curl.
• Load/save scenes, share scenes by email, import obstacles shapes as png files.
• Rotate/move obstacles, pause simulation with gestures.
• Adjust physical parameters : fluid viscosity, obstacle friction, wind tunnel input speed.
• Predefined scenes : airfoil, cars, rocks, Kármán vortex street…
The Wind Tunnel app lets you create beautiful wind tunnel scenes, play with the fluid and understand physics effects.
Fluid motion is computed by solving Navier-Stokes equations, at high definition (over 50k grid cells on ipad) thanks to optimized code taking the most out of CPU performance.
- correction of UI glitches
- new simulation parameters to benefit from A9 and 10 CPUs
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Good App BUT...
This is a good app BUT... While it works well and is perhaps accurate for fluid flow AROUND CLOSED SHAPES it does not correctly model fluid flow THROUGH shapes with openings. For example, draw a simple box and put a single small opening on the windward side of the box. The model will show flow entering that simple opening when in reality it cannot because there is no escape path for that fluid/air. Pressure inside the shape will build to prevent fluid entry. This is not mentioned anywhere and it is entirely possible with the tools available to draw scenarios like this and other "through flow" scenarios that I must assume are equally flawed. Please either 1. include this behavior correctly in your physics modeling, 2. prohibit the drawing of through flow scenarios/shapes or 3. warn users and potential buyers of this limitation. Adding this capability would be great for study of architectural natural ventilation scenarios.
Amazing teaching aid for flight instructors.
Plan on using this for flight instruction,would be great if you could select different parts of drawing to interact so you would be able to show the effects from moving different parts. Also would be great to have a top down view to be able to show multi engine aerodynamics.
THE WORST GAME EVER
this is the worst erodynamics game ever it says load well let you LOAD PICTURES off your camera to test jeez
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.