Windfinder gives you accurate global forecasts for wind, weather, tides & waves. Reliable and easy to use for sailing and outdoor sports.
New: wind and weather widgets!
Detailed wind and weather forecasts and weather information for your location.
See wind, waves, tides and weather reports and current wind measurements for your own weather predictions. Easy to use with a clear user interface.
+ Detailed wind and weather forecasts for over 160,000 locations
+ Current wind and weather measurements in real-time from over 21,000 weather stations
+ Tide forecasts for high and low tides for over 20,000 locations around the world
+ Superforecast: our hourly high-resolution forecasting model for Europe, North America, South Africa, Egypt and the Canary Islands
+ Favorites: save nearby locations and monitor the weather for your vacation
+ Animated wind map for a global wind overview
+ Small Wind Widgets (current conditions)
+ New: Severe weather warnings for the US and Europe
+ Measurements listed in knots, Beaufort, mph, km/h and m/s
+ Parameters: Wind strength & direction, gusts, air temperature, felt temperature, clouds coverage, precipitation, air pressure, wave height, wave period and wave direction
+ Webcams around the globe
+ Optimized display for optimal readability on the go and on any mobile device
+ Optimized data transfer for a quicker load speed
+ Topographic maps provide a quick overview of weather conditions and help with route planning
+ Ad free: no distractions
• Kitesurfing & Windsurfing – find that next storm or windy days next door or at your next vacation destination
• Sailing – plan your next sailing trip and ensure safe passage by avoiding bad weather at sea
• Wing Foiling - Catch the wind with your wing
• Surfing – find the perfect waves and high swell
• Dinghy sailing & regatta racers – prepare carefully for your next regatta
• SUP – make sure you are not blown off your SUP
• Fishing – help ensure a good catch with wind directions
• Paragliding – find a good wind right from the start
• Cycling or trekking – check if it will be windy on your track
• Boat owners & captains – keep a constant eye on the current wind conditions and tides
• Kayak - Make sure high waves don’t risk your adventures
Subscribe to Windfinder Plus to get access to all features.
Windfinder Plus is made for weather enthusiasts, athletes, captains and everybody who needs a plus in wind and weather forecasting.
With Windfinder Plus you also get:
+ Wind alerts: Specify your preferred wind conditions and get notified as soon as windy or calm days are forecasted
+ Wind & Weather widgets in all sizes with wind preview
+ Wind preview: get a quick visual overview of the next ten days
+ Animated wind speed maps with wind gusts, temperature, precipitation and topographic images
+ Wind report map: Real-time wind measurements from over 21,000 stations directly on the wind map
+ all webcams in the area
+ many more
Windfinder Plus is available as an In App Purchase.
Windfinder Plus: We offer auto-renewable "Windfinder Plus" subscriptions for one month or one year. The subscription enhances the full feature set of Windfinder Plus.
Remove Ads: We offer auto-renewable "Remove Ads" subscriptions for 3 months, 6 months or one year. The app will be free of ads while the "Remove Ads" subscription is active.
A free trial period of 7 days is offered. Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase. You will be charged for another period (1 month, 3 months, 6 months or one year) unless you cancel at least 24 hours before the subscription is renewed. You can turn off the auto-renewal in your account settings after purchase.
• Facebook: https://facebook.com/Windfindercom
• Instagram: https://instagram.com/windfindercom
• Youtube: https://wind.to/Youtube
- Places and spots in the search function
- Improved readability of time labels in forecasts
Ratings and Reviews
Wind tough to predict
We use this App most frequently when at the shore.
Nothing seems more difficult to predict accurately than the wind. This year we also had 4 days on a boat over a 3 week period. They were calm (less than 10mph) as predicted amidst windy days on either side. We have always been impressed with this App but this year 100% was unbelievable. Some of the predictions were a week out.
Obviously 100% is not always going to happen. Most years it is 70-80% accurate at Nags Head for us. The mix of water (Gulf and Labrador currents), land, and Fall you have a difficult forecast!
Easy to use. Accurate
Windfinder is exactly that. Easily pick locations on a map near your favorite launch site or airport and get a 3 hour chunk forecast 10 days in advance or get a 1 hour detailed forecast for the next three days. Easily scroll between your saved favorite locations and get real time wind reports from weather stations. As a bonus, there is a great wind map in motion that is fun to play with a useful for deciding to stay inland on go kiting on a lake or weather it’s worth the drive to the coast.
Great wave reports for boating
I am surprised that there are not several boating specific apps that give wave height and weather reports. I have looked into and tried several other apps and forecast web sites, but Windfinder has given me the best info presented in an easy to see at a glance just what I am looking for. The “Superforecast” has been great - providing an hourly snapshot of what to expect, and customizable notifications are a bonus.
Thank you for a great app!
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- 90.2 MB
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2023 Windfinder.com
- In-App Purchases
- Windfinder Plus yearly $4.99
- Windfinder Plus Monthly $0.99
- 1 Year Support (Tier 5) $4.99
- 1 Year Support (Tier 2) $1.99
- 1 Year Support (Tier 10) $9.49
- 1 Year Support (Tier 1) $0.99