Wind, waves, weather and tides anywhere in the world for kitesurfing, windsufing, surfing, sailing, and fishing
Detailed wind forecasts and weather forecasts that let you always find the spot with the best wind, waves, and weather conditions for your sport. Current wind measurements and weather observations, so that you can make your own weather predictions!
- Detailed wind forecasts and weather forecasts for over 40,000 spots
- Displays current wind measurements and weather measurements in real-time from over 20,000 weather stations
- Tide forecasts for high and low tides for over 8,000 locations around the world
- Superforecast, our hourly high-resolution forecast model for most parts of Europe, North America, South Africa, Egypt, and the Canary Islands. See https://www.windfinder.com/help/usage/forecast-superforecast.htm#sfc_coverage for details.
- Windpreview: for a quick overview of the wind forecast in the next ten days
- Beautifully animated wind forecast maps, temperature forecast maps, precipitation maps
- Configure favorites – save nearby locations and monitor travel weather for your vacation destinations
- Measurements listed in knots, Beaufort, km/h, m/s, and mph
- Parameters displayed: Wind strength & direction, gusts, air temperature and "feels like" temperature, clouds, precipitation, air pressure, relative humidity, wave height, wave period, and wave direction
- Optimized data transfer – which enables a quicker load speed and is ideal for data usage restrictions
- Ad free
- Kitesurfing and Windsurfing – find that next hurricane or windy days either right next door or at your next vacation destination
- Sailing – plan that next sailing trip, or ensure safe passage by avoiding bad weather at sea
- Dinghy sailing and regatta racers – allows for careful preparation for the next regatta
- Surfing and wave riders – find the perfect waves and high swell
- Fishing – help ensure a good catch
- Paragliding – find a good wind right from the start
- Cycling – check if it will be windy on your track
- Boat owners or captains – keep a constant eye on the current wind conditions and tides
- ...and anyone who requires exact wind and weather predictions!
Subscribe to Windfinder Plus to get access to our newest services to help you to catch the best wind, anywhere, anytime! Windfinder Plus includes (among other features):
- Wind alerts: Specify your ideal wind conditions, get notified as soon as windy days show up in forecasts.
- Wind report map: Real-time wind measurements from over 21.000 stations directly on our wind map.
- Wind barbs: A new display mode suited for sailors
Windfinder Plus is available as an In App Purchase. Don't worry, you’ll be able to use Windfinder Pro just like you’re used to, nothing will be taken away. Pro stays Pro!
We offer auto-renewable "Windfinder Plus" subscriptions for one month or one year. The subscription enhances the feature set of Windfinder Pro to include wind alerts, more map features etc.
We offer auto-renewable "Support Us" subscriptions for one year. The subscription is a voluntary donation to support further development of the Windfinder service.
- Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
- You will be charged for another period (one month or one year) unless you cancel at least 24 hours before the subscription is renewed.
- You can turn off the auto-renewal in your Account Settings after purchase.
- A free trial period of 7 days is offered
- Live webcams images of spots from all over the world
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Easy to use. Accurate
Windfinder is exactly that. Easily pick locations on a map near your favorite launch site or airport and get a 3 hour chunk forecast 10 days in advance or get a 1 hour detailed forecast for the next three days. Easily scroll between your saved favorite locations and get real time wind reports from weather stations. As a bonus, there is a great wind map in motion that is fun to play with a useful for deciding to stay inland on go kiting on a lake or weather it’s worth the drive to the coast.
My go-to app for outdoor activities
I live about a mile down the beach from a Windfinder location on Puget Sound, and while I don’t kite surf I do plan my day...walks, yard work, etc...using the hour-by-hour feature of Supercast. I am seldom wrong when I tell neighbors we can do something at 2:00 today because it will be dry from then until 4:00. They are amazed at “my” accuracy. I love that!
We often trailer-camp along the Pacific Ocean and I use it the same way for when we can take dry walks on the beach.
Windfinder Pro is AWESOME!
Great wave reports for boating
I am surprised that there are not several boating specific apps that give wave height and weather reports. I have looked into and tried several other apps and forecast web sites, but Windfinder has given me the best info presented in an easy to see at a glance just what I am looking for. The “Superforecast” has been great - providing an hourly snapshot of what to expect, and customizable notifications are a bonus.
Thank you for a great app!
- 68.8 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Windfinder.com
- In-App Purchases
- Windfinder Plus yearly $4.99
- Windfinder Plus Monthly $0.99
- 1 Year Support (Tier 5) $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.