Window Refresh 4+
Keep the file listing of your network connected Finder windows up to date!
We love our SANs, NASes, and all the fun when working with shared / network storage. But! You have probably seen a time or two that you know a file should be in a folder, but don't see it. Then you feel like you have to reboot, remount or do something crazy to make Finder show you the real story.
Here comes Window Refresh!
Window Refresh is a menu bar app and Finder extension that will effectively "refresh" your open Finder windows to give you the most accurate representation of the files living in a shared storage environment. The app monitors all external and mountable network volumes as your browse throughout Finder.
You can trigger a refresh by simply clicking on the menubar icon or the Finder window's extension icon. You can even set an automatic refresh every minute or so. A refresh effectively informs macOS to update the file listing. Some network share updates may be delayed by a short minute.
Window Refresh uses a Finder Extension to keep track of your open Finder windows, so please make sure you set it up!
To help, when Window Refresh detects that the Finder Extension is not running, you will be prompted to help enable it.
• Refreshes the folders and files in your currently open Finder windows by informing the filesystem to update.
• Ability to launch the app automatically on login (user enabled).
• Execute a refresh automatically (user enabled).
• Use a Finder window toolbar icon to refresh just that window.
• A nice little sound to let you know when a refresh is complete.
• Disable the Finder Extension for a specific Volume.
• Use a hard / touch refresh for a specific Volume.
• NEW: Disable the Finder Extension for a specific Volume in Preferences.
• NEW: Allow a hard / touch refresh for a specific Volume for more reliability.
• Fix to bug where a volume may not disable on first launch.
• Fix to receipt signing issue.
• General bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
A must-have when using shared storage!
My colleagues and I work off the same SAN, but sometimes when one of them creates a new file or folder on the SAN, I can’t see the new file. But when I click the Window Refresh icon on my Menu Bar or Finder window toolbar, it makes the file appear and I can access it immediately! Essential!
Doesn’t truly refresh
I bought it because I wanted my icons to update when I change the app that will open that type of file. This doesn’t do that. It doesn’t truly refresh the window.
I’ve been using a Mac for 5 months now and I have to say that the interface is very cumbersome compared to Windows. There’s a lot of functionality, such as refresh, that is missing on a Mac.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for your concern. Window Refresh is designed to update the file listing and contents on a shared network-based storage as in the description. I'm not exaxctly sure what you mean about your icon updates as it sounds like a macOS issue. Apple support may be able to help you with the functionality of the Mac.
Additionally, Please contact Apple for a refund if you would like.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Workflow Network, LLC
- 13.6 MB
- Requires macOS 10.12 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2021 Workflow Network
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.