Wine Maps for the Mac desktop is finally here. Giving you easy access to print, or export maps as images. Great for use in documents, presentations and more!
Wine Maps provides a handy visual reference, for the wine regions in twenty four countries around the world. It's a great tool for anyone looking to learn more about the world of wine, and even better for those looking for maps to study from. Its perfect for those teaching others about wine.
Wine Maps focuses exclusively on mapping the wine regions of the world. It is NOT an encyclopaedia of wine, and does not give any textual definitions or comment. Wine Maps is a purely visual reference. Note that individual vineyards do not appear on the maps. There's just too many of them!
Copyright has been simplified with the use of standard Creative Commons licences. These allow you to freely share and adapt the maps, provided they are attributed. Please note that to use the maps commercially, you must purchase a subscription to Wine Maps Pro. This is available as an in-app purchase, more details are provided in the section below.
The tenth release provides 130 maps, and is also available separately as an iOS app.
Wine Maps Pro:
This in-app purchase is a one off purchase. It costs $17.99 USD, or £14.99 GBP.
Wine Maps Pro grants you the rights to use generated images for commercial uses. Please see the bottom of the description for licence information. Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
- 130 maps in this latest release.
- Save your window settings, for later use as a .winemap file
- Easy to export maps as images (TIFF, PNG, JPG). For use in documents, presentations and more!
- Copyright simplified, with standard Creative Commons licences.
- Maps can be printed directly from the app, ready scaled for any paper size or orientation.
- Edit maps, to highlight or even hide particular regions. Alternatively hide rivers or towns and cities.
- Search the maps to find a particular region of interest.
- One off purchase for personal use. For commercial users, a second in-app purchase of Wine Maps Pro may be required for commercial licensing of the maps.
- Wine Maps Pro users can bulk export all maps
What regions are included?
- Overall World Map
- Overall Europe Map
- Central and Eastern Europe Map
Old World - 16 Countries, and 62 Regions:
- Czech Republic
(with fifteen main subregions, and further sub-subregions. Eleven from Bordeaux, six from Burgundy, and Bergerac),
(with nineteen subregions)
(with ten subregions)
New World - 9 Countries, and 41 Regions:
(with four subregions)
(with subregion Ontario)
- New Zealand
(with two subregions)
- South Africa
(with the subregion Western Cape)
(with subregions of eighteen states, and fifteen subregions of California)
All images generated using Wine Maps are issued under the "Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International Public License".
If you have purchased Wine Maps Pro. All images generated are issued under the "Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International Public License".
By purchasing Wine Maps, or Wine Maps Pro; you agree to adhere to the terms of the licence, which is appropriate to your subscription.
- Resolved a bug where exporting a map did not include the selected settings
- Added the new Winters Highlands in Solano and Yolo Counties in California
- Added the new Long Valley in Lake County in California
- Updated the map of Rioja and Navarra to change Rioja Baja's name to Rioja Oriental
Ratings and Reviews
Fantastic for students and the wine curious
Often the hardest thing to find when studying for any wine certification is a map. Too often you are forced to trace a map and hope you got the wine regions correct. This app allows you to turn on and off the regions so you can show only those appellations you are interested in. The maps are then printable with or without the place names. Even if you aren't studying for a certification, this app is really handy to see where your wine comes from and what's around it.
Good Supplemental Learning Tool!
Use this as reference when reading information on other sources to really understand where the location is at.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Jonathan Lord
- 43.7 MB
- Food & Drink
- Requires macOS 10.15 or later.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Jon Lord © 2017-2023
- In-App Purchases
- Wine Maps Pro $14.99
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.