After five years on iOS, Wine Maps for the Mac desktop is finally here. Giving you easy access to print, or export maps as images. Great for use in documents, presentations and more!
Wine Maps provides a handy visual reference, for the wine regions in nineteen countries around the world. Its a great tool for anyone looking to learn more about the world of wine, and even better for those looking for maps to study from. Its perfect for those teaching others about wine.
Wine Maps focuses exclusively on mapping the wine regions of the world. It is NOT an encyclopaedia of wine, and does not give any textual definitions or comment. Wine Maps is a purely visual reference. Note that individual vineyards do not appear on the maps. There's just too many of them!
Copyright has been simplified with the use of standard Creative Commons licences. These allow you to freely share and adapt the maps, provided they are attributed. Please note that to use the maps commercially, you must purchase a subscription to Wine Maps Pro. This is available as an in-app purchase, more details are provided in the section below.
The eighth release provides all of the 116 maps currently available in the iOS version of Wine Maps.
Wine Maps Pro:
This in-app purchase is a 1 year, auto-renewing subscription. It costs $20.99 USD, or £19.99 GBP.
Wine Maps Pro grants you the rights to use generated images for commercial uses. Please see the bottom of the description for licence information.
Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase. Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the your account settings after purchase
- 116 maps in this latest release.
- Easy to export maps as images (TIFF, PNG, JPG). For use in documents, presentations and more!
- Copyright simplified, with standard Creative Commons licences.
- One off purchase for personal use, and a yearly subscription for commercial users.
- Maps can be printed directly from the app, ready scaled for any paper size or orientation.
- Edit maps, to highlight or even hide particular regions. Alternatively hide rivers or towns and cities.
- Search the maps to find a particular region of interest.
What regions are included?
- Overall World Map
Old World - 12 Countries, and 61 Regions:
- Czech Republic
(with fifteen main subregions, and further sub-subregions. Eleven from Bordeaux and six from Burgundy),
(with nineteen subregions)
(with ten subregions)
New World - 8 Countries, and 35 Regions:
(with four subregions),
(with subregion Ontario)
- New Zealand
- South Africa
(with subregions of sixteen states, and fourteen subregions of California)
All images generated using Wine Maps are issued under the "Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International Public License".
If you have purchased a subscription to Wine Maps Pro. All images generated are issued under the "Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International Public License".
By purchasing Wine Maps, or Wine Maps Pro; you agree to adhere to the terms of the licence, which is appropriate to your subscription.
- Fixed an issue with the Ohio map, which could cause an application crash in certain circumstances
- Added the new Van Duzer Corridor AVA to Oregon, USA
- Added the new Upper Hudson AVA to New York, USA
- Spelling corrections across multiple maps
- Jonathan Lord
- 27.4 MB
OS X 10.11 or later, 64-bit processor
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Jon Lord © 2017-2019
- In-App Purchases
- Wine Maps Pro $20.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.