Named Top Wine App by New York Times, Washington Post, iPhone Life Magazine
Want to buy a great wine recommended by the World's Best Wine Writer? Get the only Wine App with built-in label and barcode scanners to instantly access expert wine reviews.
Natalie MacLean, World Food Media Awards winner, is your best friend when you’re shopping for wine, dining at restaurants or entertaining with friends.
Like a sommelier in your pocket, she's there with you to help choose the right wine at the right price every time.
Just point your camera at the front label or back barcode of any wine to get:
• Easy access professional, jargon-free wine reviews you can trust
• Instant search and sorting of 270,000 expert wine ratings
• Delicious new food pairings for every style of wine
• Quick recall of your favorite wines in My Cellar, the app's cellar tracker software
• Fast way to add photos, labels and your own notes to My Cellar
• Proven tips for buying the best wines in:
Sherry-Lehmann, Morrell, Binny’s, Sam’s Wine, Wally’s Wine & Spirits, Costco and thousands of other liquor stores
• Custom Shopping Lists you can sort by region, style, price
• Helpful alerts when the wines you like are back in stores with a new vintage
• Exclusive access Natalie’s top wines for special occasions, gift-giving and dinner parties
• Effortless ways to share your favorite wines on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram
• Fun approach to discover what your friends are drinking
• Hundreds of entertaining wine videos and insider interviews with winemakers
For Natalie's free wine tips:
Note from Nat …
Howdy Wine Lovers,
I'm not able to address issues posted here, so please e-mail me if you have a feature to suggest or there's a bug to fix: firstname.lastname@example.org .
The new label scanner will improve with your help in adding new wines and labels. Let's make this app even better together!
This is a labor of love for me as a journalist: it has cost me personally more than $100,000 to create and keep updating this app ... so please be kind and patient ;)
P.S. Please upgrade your smartphone to Apple's most recent operating system (iOS) to optimize app performance. It's free to do this: apple.com/ios
Natalie MacLean is an independent journalist and author of the bestselling books "Red, White and Drunk All Over" and "Unquenchable" both published by Random House. She has won six International Association of Culinary Professional (IACP) awards and four James Beard Journalism Awards, including the MFK Fisher Distinguished Writing Award.
Video tips to get the most from the app:
Small changes and bug fixes. Vuforia library update.
Ratings and Reviews
App didn't work
The scanner works sometimes, but wouldn't give me reviews w/out joining their community. Even then I'd have to by a subscription to get the review.
useful but not free
This app is only free for two months, but I found it really helpful especially when shopping. I love the cellar, wish list, and shopping features. Not to mention how easy it is to access the wine reviews. The bar scan worked. It does not, however, have that many reviews and some are short and not helpful.
Great Pairing App
Tons of free reviews from a well respected wine taster with a talent for pairing wines and food. As such, its most powerful and best feature is that you can start by selecting either a favorite food and let Natalie suggest a varietal that pairs well, or start with a wine and let her suggest foods or cheeses that pair well. Even better, once you select a varietal, it leads you to specific wines with Natalie's reviews. The app even includes wine friendly recipes.
The application is web-based, thus the app stays fresh and current, as it integrates into her website. This eliminates having to download large updates from time-to-time. The app easily pulls current reviews, recent newsletters, etc.
Great app for anyone who is interested in pairing suggestions.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Natalie McLean
- 80 MB
- Food & Drink
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.3 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- 17+ Frequent/Intense Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2018 Natalie MacLean