5/5 - "This is a great little gem of a game."
5/5 - "Great game, great atmosphere! So tense when you lose a pilot."
5/5 - "Highly enjoyable, free game that deserves more recognition that it actually has."
5/5 - "You really get attached to your pilots after a while. Makes you really try your hardest to keep them alive."
5/5 - "The dog that greets you on your mission end is just an extra touch to show how much love and care they made this game with!"
5/5 - "Really well-done, with tight controls."
*** We'd like to thank every single person who decided to take the time to rate or review Wings of Heroes: for an indie team like ours good reviews are the only way to emerge on the App Store. If you like our game please let other users know the reasons why you do. Thank you. ***
Fly with your unexperienced recruits in this 2d side scrolling ww2 dogfighting game and watch them become real heroes, fighting against all odds to subvert the fate of a seemingly lost war!
In Wings of Heroes you are in charge of a small training airfield for recruits, who will need to be prepared for the imminent clash with enemy forces.
However, sometimes things don't work out as planned and your airfield will soon be required to participate in military operations.
This is NOT a "pay to win" game.
IAPs are there to support us: they're are not needed to finish the missions and continue playing, you just need some practice.
We added (few) ads: purchase anything from the in-app store to disable them.
- Mission based gameplay with an enthralling plot
- Challenging dogfight action
- Your pilots' rank will grow higher from mission to mission and they will learn new abilities: help them become Masters of Dogfight
- Use your pilot's "dexterity" to slow down time and react faster to unexpected events
- Perform rolls to avoid enemy bullets and missiles
- Perform Immelmann maneuvers to avoid enemies and get their tail
- Up to 3 wingmen will escort you in your missions: switch control to any of them at any time!
- Keep or break formation when you control the team leader
- Land at your airfield to refuel, repair and reload your aircraft
- More than 15 different types of enemies (soldiers, tanks, barracks, hangars, battleships, submarines, bunkers, etc...)
- Detailed statistics for each pilot
- Realistic weather conditions (rainy, stormy, foggy)
- Fly at different times of day (dawn, daylight, sunset, night)
- 2 gameplay views available (zoomed and normal)
- "Zoom out" button to see entire game field at once
- Enemies' morale affects their behaviour
- Eject from your aircraft
- Perform crash landings
- Realistic sound effects
- Engaging soundtrack
- Everyplay integration for full mission recording and spectacular replays: never lose a single moment of your heroic exploits and share them with your friends
- Game Center integration with lots of achievements and leaderboards
Follow @MoonyBaboon on Twitter for the latest!
Like us on Facebook.com/moonybaboon
Please don’t include bug reports in your app reviews: we can’t respond to you directly.
You can email us via firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fixed incompatibilities with new devices
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
As a ww2 history fan I see that most of the story can be related to real life events, the part of training would take place during the first 6 months of the war, known as the sitzkreig, next would be the Battle of Britain, and finally the Italian Invasion takes place in the final mission, the devs use the spitfire and Bf-109 as the main aircraft, in a few mission you can find P-40s or MC-202s, but most of the information is accurately displayed throughout the game, but in a way that everything is balanced and the battle goes to the more skilled. I love this game and my recruits in it, the story makes you connect to them, and as I have found, use loopholes to keep them alive. One of my favourite games.
Developer Response ,
Wonderful reviews like this one are one of the reasons I love creating games.
Needless to say you got every detail right about the story and the aircrafts. :-)
Thank you for taking the time to write this.
A hidden gem
This game deserves more. It is so fun and you can see the hard work put into it. Out of the tons of clash of clans in the App Store and all the pay to win games this one stands out. Why? For being original and not making this game a pay to win game. If the developer is reading this I would like to say thank you for trying hard despite not having a huge following. In the future I hope you will be a popular creator. If you're still reading just play it give these small indie developers a chance because they deserve it for their hard work and dedication.
Developer Response ,
I read this... thank you for your heartwarming support, sir.
Finally a game where you don't have to pay to win. This is a great game that is fun to play and easy to pick up. Highly recommend
Developer Response ,
That was exactly our goal!! Thanks for your support...
- Marco Tormento
- 95.6 MB
Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2014 Marco Tormento
- In-App Purchases
- UNLIMITED RECRUITS $0.99
- ALL IN ONE $1.99
- BEST INSTRUCTOR $0.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.