Wink is the quick and simple way to connect you and your home. The Wink app brings together hundreds of smart products — lights, locks, sensors, thermostats, and more — across dozens of the best brands, so you can control them from anywhere.
• Receive alerts that keep you informed of what’s happening at home.
• Trigger your alarm and lights to turn on automatically if fire or smoke is detected.
• See who’s at the front door and use your phone to unlock it from anywhere.
Use Wink’s security services to make your home even smarter and safer:
• Look Out: Get instant security alerts about doors, windows, locks, garage doors, motion, and more, giving you control over your home so you can quickly decide how to respond if something unexpected occurs.
• Home Sitter: Have your lights turn on and off in a natural, human pattern to make it look like you’re home when you’re away. Relax when you’re out of town, knowing your home looks lived in.
• Moonlight: Always return to a well-lit home by syncing your lights to turn on and off with local sunset and sunrise times. It’s a convenient way to light your way home after work, so you don’t have to search for keys in the dark.
Explore other features in the Wink app, such as Shortcuts, Schedules, and Robots, to customize your smart products.
Questions? Talk to a real human at 844-WINK-APP or firstname.lastname@example.org.
This release contains maintenance and improvements for iOS 13:
* Fixes issue where pop-up alert actions were not being displayed
* Fixes instances where enabling dark mode obscures app content
* Various performance and bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Needs bugs fixed
Overall the app is mostly intuitive, BUT not completely intuitive as I have discovered.
1. When adding a new device and you tap on the Name Device, you can name the device, but then it goes back to the same page and the Name Device doesn’t reflect the name you just gave.
2. The Robots are not sorted alphabetically but are stored in the order as you add them....who’s bright idea was this?....OK then, I found that I can manually sort as I like, what a pain, and the way to do this is NOT intuitive. The BAD is that when you are done the sort does not reflect the change, so I go back in to sort again but they are still sorted as I left them in the sort window, but the new sort does not get updated when you finish.
3. It seems that if you modify your Robots, the changes don’t get updated. I’ve had to reset the Hub for the changes to update.
The Wink software guys need better quality control or someone to actually use the app before releasing to the public. I understand that some bugs are found by the public but some of the bugs should of been found by the software writers.
The Wink hub is still a good device but only as good as the firmware and mobile apps.
Do not buy wink products!
After investing in a Link starter kit and multiple additional bulbs, my system suddenly stopped working about a week ago. I tried everything, but after being unable to reconnect the Link hub to the network, I emailed support. I’ve been informed that since the Link Hub is no longer in production, this app no longer supports it. THEY ARE STILL SELLING THE LINK HUB ON THE WEBSITE. How can a company discontinue support for a product that they are still actively selling? And the solution was a tiny discount on an extremely more expensive starter kit. I’m done. Goodbye Wink.
Update: I read the developer feedback, and understand that unfortunately things do happen. However, when I contacted Wink regarding this issue (which I did before leaving feedback) I was offered an extremely small discount on their most expensive starter pack. Had I been offered any discount on a hub to correct this issue, I would have just ordered the hub and moved on. I did reply (twice) to Wink support to inquire about a discount on just the hub, and I have received absolutely no reply. Clearly they do not value their customers or they would have reached out before this incompatibility became an issue. As recent feedback indicates, I am not alone. C’mon Wink! Get it together!
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the feedback. The GE link hub was not made by Wink. This Was a GE product that they stopped supporting about 2 years ago. This means that they were not updating this product, and unfortunately and issue happened about a few weeks ago that caused issues with them connecting that we can not fix unless we have the rights to the GE link hub. Those lights that you got with the Link Starter kit will pair up with our Wink Hub, or Wink hub 2. Both of those Hubs are made by us and will provide a much more stable experience. We also do not sell the device on our website, if you click to buy it brings you to the Amazon.com, or Home depot web page. This will be taken down momentarily.
EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SUPPORT!!
After spending two hours trying to re-pair my lock, I decided to call Wink customer support (it’s an anomaly they’re open until 9 EST—but I’m soooo thankful!). Ebony was very nice and advised me on how to fix the paring myself in an e-mail, along with instructions if the pairing failed. The pairing failed. I called back and spoke with Eli. Amongst his attentiveness and easy explanations of how to resolve my issue, we casually conversed about randomness while my hub went through the motions. I’m surprised his extensive walk through—along with my wait time—was only eight minutes! I like to think I’m pretty tech savvy... But, needless to say, I am not when it comes to connecting three devices that are so integrated on there own. MUCH THANKS to Eli and the Wink Customer Support for saving my sanity on this issue! I highly recommend the Wink hub since it’s been far more user friendly than any other hub, and the customer service is above par as well. Thanks again!!!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.