WinStars is a planetarium running on computers, tablets and mobiles. It is a 3D simulator that accurately represents celestial objects at a given time. It also allows you to travel in our galaxy and its close neighbourhood. A thread dedicated to scientific news allows you to follow and display in the software the results of research currently conducted in astrophysics. WinStars is a software in constant evolution. New functions are regularly added to make it an educational tool dedicated to the discovery of our Universe.
Main features :
- Visualise the sky as it was 500 years ago or as it will be in 10,000 years!
- Discover the names of the main stars or locate the constellations by moving your mobile.
- WinStars will help you to identify the objects you are pointing at.
- Are you looking for an object? Just type its name and let the software guide you.
- WinStars gives you access to a lot of information about each object.
- The software manages ASCOM (Windows) and INDI (Linux and MacOS) compatible telescopes. Click on an object and WinStars will point and follow it automatically.
- The software includes a huge database of billions of objects.
- Each object has a detailed card which is updated in real time (distances, right ascension, declination, azimuth, altitude and magnitude).
- It is possible to track all satellites placed in orbit around the Earth and predict, for example, the times of visibility of the International Space Station (ISS).
- Represents with precision the position of the main satellites of Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus and Neptune. All you need to do is zooming in sufficiently on the main planet.
- Also calculates the position of hundreds of thousands of additional objects in our solar system (comets and asteroids).
- Track planetary missions (Voyager 2, Pioneer 10, etc.).
- Indicates the significant astronomical phenomenons visible from your observation location.
- Plots the celestial equator, the ecliptic, the azimuthal and equatorial coordinate grids.
- Represents the orbits of the planets in 3D.
- A night mode allowing you to watch the screen in the dark without being dazzled.
- Easy installation of additional modules.
- Automated software updates.
- Customisable landscapes.
- Available languages: bulgarian, english, french, german, russian, spanish
The free version offers most of the functions available, but the acquisition of a licence provides an additional enhancement to the software:
- Add the Gaia EDR3 catalogue containing 1.7 billion stars... up to the magnitude 22 ! (internet connection required).
- Explore the stars close to our Sun.
- Leave the Milky Way and visit other galaxies. Discover the large-scale structures of our Universe.
- Planetary surfaces rendered in 3D with improved textures. Fly over mountains and lunar craters !
- Displays the DSS (Digitized Sky Survey) digitized sky in various wavelengths.
- Add interplanetary missions.
Documentation : https://winstars.net/docs/en
Visit https://winstars.net/en for more information about the software.
- Much cleaner fonts.
- 35000 new asteroids.
- Faster program on some configurations.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Franck RICHARD
- 30 MB
- Requires macOS 10.13 or later.
- Age Rating
- Copyright © 2021 Franck RICHARD. All rights reserved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.