Experience the power of WinZip®–on your Mac! Access key features more easily, zip and protect with confidence, and seamlessly connect to cloud services with WinZip Mac 8.
• Zip and unzip files instantly with WinZip’s trusted compression
• Boost your workflow with additional file Add methods(Update, Freshen, Move)
• Work faster with improved Zipx Compression
• Protect files with strong AES encryption
• Share directly to iCloud Drive, Dropbox, Google Drive and ZipShare, from within WinZip
• Successfully email large files and minimize storage needs
• Zip and unzip files instantly using simple, drag-and-drop tools
• Reduce file size for faster sharing and smaller storage
• Open major compressed file formats (Zip, Zipx, RAR, LHA, 7Z, JAR, WAR)
• Resize images any time you create an zip, and get two new resize options
• Password-protect confidential files and apply powerful AES encryption
• Re-use your password when additional encrypted files are added to a Zip
• Prevent unauthorized access of email attachments
• Encrypt individual files within a zipped folder
• Easily view and double-check your password with new Show Password
Package and Share
• Zip and encrypt Mac files to create smaller, safer email attachments
• Organize and compress files into small, logical groups that are ideal for sharing
• Zip files and folders for faster uploading/downloading times
• Easily share to Facebook, Twitter and other apps
Connect to your Clouds
• Connect to iCloud Drive, Dropbox, Google Drive and ZipShare right from WinZip
• Easily zip and upload large files, or open zip files saved in the cloud
• Use Cloud Links to upload a file to your cloud service and quickly send a link to it via email
• Automatically get a link to paste into Skype or other apps when you upload your zip file to a cloud service
• Maximize cloud storage space by compressing files
Improved compatibility with macOS 11 Big Sur.
Ratings and Reviews
Generally great though it crashes
When it works, it's terrific. About every other time it crashes when it launches - I've sent numerous bug reports off to Apple about it. Usually on the second try it works, and then it does everything I need.
Unusable on High Sierra
Recently formatted MacBook (bought on 2013) and installed High Sierra. Almost nothing installed, try to install Winzip, but unfortunately it is unusable, all I get when I try to use it is a dialog saying:”WinZip needs permission in order for the Files pane to provide access to your file. Please slect the file “null” an dthen click Allow." I have no idea what it wants. It is a shame, it worked so nicely before moving to High Sierra :-(
To be fair HighSierra has caused all sorts of trouble, so Winzip is likely just another victim of the issues of this release...
Developer Response ,
Thank you for letting us know about this issue. We have looked into this and fixed the problem. We have released an updated build that addresses support for High Sierra. Please download and install the latest build. If you have any further issues, please contact WinZip support at firstname.lastname@example.org for further assistance.
Works well overall. Certain tasks are repetitive. Being able to tweak some default behavior would be nice. Most actions are just a couple clicks away, but if you have to do it repeatedly, it gets tiresome. I like to use encryption. I am fine typing in the password everytime, but the other clicks seems spurious.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- WinZip Computing LLC
- 20.3 MB
- Requires macOS 10.10 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Corel Corporation
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.