Get the world’s #1 zip file opener utility on iOS! Create Zip and Zipx files, extract files, encrypt, open Zip, Zipx, 7z, RAR or LHA files, send large files by email, share to Dropbox, Google Drive, OneDrive, iCloud, Twitter or Facebook.
The reviews are unanimous!
“Trying to open zip files a zip file on your mobile phone? Good luck -- unless you happen to have this handy tool installed. It launches directly from your inbox to give you a look inside those pesky file packages. “ - Mashable
CNET (download.com) gives WinZip for iOS a 5 star rating, saying ""We love apps that are simple and straightforward to use. WinZip definitely fits that description. We recommend it for all users.""
If you frequently use your iOS device to send and receive documents and large image files, you'll find a friend in the new WinZip app for iPhones and iPads. The full version costs $5, but it's worth the investment, according to CIO.com blogger James A. Martin.
From AppPicker: ""Why not sink a few dollars into this fantastic full version of WinZip for your iPhone and iPad!""
WinZip makes it easy to handle major compressed types of files on your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch!
Whether you receive a Zip, Zipx, 7z, RAR or LHA file as an email attachment, or want to extract download and view the contents of a Zip, Zipx, 7z, RAR or LHA file from the web, just “Open with WinZip”. Sharing files is safe and simple too, with direct integration with Dropbox, Google Drive, OneDrive and iCloud, and support for AirDrop.
Now you can:
• Connect directly to your Dropbox, Google Drive, OneDrive and iCloud accounts to zip, unzip and share files
• Zip your cloud storage files, unzip files to your accounts, and create and save .zip and .zipx files to your accounts
• Send or copy links to your files in your cloud storage accounts
• Copy files from your cloud storage accounts and save them on your device
• Unzip major compressed file types, including .ZIP, .Zipx, .RAR, .7z and LHA with just a tap
• Choose Zip or Zipx format to compress and email large files, photos and videos with ease
• Zip and share photos and videos from your Camera Roll
• Use WinZip to access music files on your device and save them to your cloud accounts
• Send files to other iOS users with integrated support for AirDrop
• Protect your files before you save and share with powerful 128- or 256-bit AES encryption
• Open and save email attachments to your connected cloud storage accounts or My Documents folder on your iPhone or iPad
• Easily view all images in a Zip file with the enhanced image viewer
• Browse your Photo Album and easily multi-select, zip and share photo collections
• Share photos in your zip files to Facebook and Twitter
• Download or upload files from/to WinZip through iTunes/iTools
• Unzip and view most common file types, including: .doc, .docx, .xls, .xlsx, .ppt, .pptx, .pages (including new iWork 13), .numbers (including new iWork 13), .key, .rtf, .pdf, .jpg, .png, .bmp, .gif, .tif, and more
View any of the following types of files within your Zip or RAR file:
• Word documents (.doc, .docx)
• Excel spreadsheets (.xls, .xlsx)
• PowerPoint presentations (.ppt, .pptx)
• PDF files (.pdf)
• Photos and images (.jpg, .jpeg, .png, .bmp, .gif, .tif, .tiff, .heic)
• Text files (.txt, .ini, .inf, .bat, .js, .log, .xml, .css, .java, .cs, .h, .m, .cpp, .c, .sql)
• Web documents (.htm, .html, .jsp, .asp)
• Rich Text Format documents (.rtf)
• Keynote presentations (.key)
• Numbers spreadsheets (.numbers)
• Pages documents (.pages)
• Media files (.m4a, .mp3, .wav, .mp4, .mov)
Various stability improvements made
Ratings and Reviews
Good App, Needs bugs fixed
This app does what I need it to which is to password protect files before emailing them. It has some bugs though. If I leave the app before finishing zipping some files together, the menu at the bottom of the app no longer works when I return to the app. I then need to kill the app and restart it.
Built-in help worthless, and can't access SMB shares
App is unable to connect to Windows 10 file shares on my home network, while all other apps (FE File Explorer, etc) are able to do so. The app's built in "help" is a mobile web page that loads inside a frame (least effort possible), and it's just a giant FAQ that doesn't discuss this issue at all. And if I click on the link at the bottom of the page to rate the page as "unhelpful", that does nothing. All I want to do is unzip a file sitting on a normal Windows 10 file share; this should be easy, but this appears unable to do it at all.
Sense of Security
The WinZip app has done great by me. It is the only way I’ve found to encrypt and decrypt zipped files in iOS, which gives me a sense of security when transferring data that I don’t want out there on the wire in plain text. I used the trial version to see how it fit my workflows before I decided to pay for it - great way to NOT end writing about how you lost your money... (I wish Vegas worked the same way!)
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- WinZip Computing LLC
- 54.7 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, French, German, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © WinZip Computing, S.L.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.