Wire is the most secure collaboration platform. We increase the productivity in your team while keeping your information private. Wire allows your team to communicate and share information easily and securely - messages, files, conference calls or private conversations - always in context.
– Communicate with your teams through private or group conversations
– Share and collaborate with files, documents, links with reactions
– Press the one-click conference call button and your voice or video meetings starts on time
– Invite partners, customers and suppliers to collaborate through the unique guest rooms
– Increase privacy through ephemeral messages and device fingerprinting
– Integrate Wire with your corporate applications and services
– Recognized by IDC as industry leading security and privacy approach through Open Source, end to end
encryption, forward secrecy and public audits
Wire is available on any device and operating system - so your team can collaborate whether in the office or on the road.
Wire is also available as an on-demand solution for crisis collaboration.
Wire offers a free version for external business partners or friends and family use.
- Call security
- Back button didn’t work on some screens during account creation
- Sometimes the wrong number of unread messages was indicated
- Self-deleting pictures sent from one of my other devices didn't disappear on my iOS device
- Keyboard display issue while sending a message
- Canceling sending a file while uploading didn’t work
- Possible to stay on or join a call after being removed from the group or the team
Ratings and Reviews
Needs more independent third-party expert analysis
This has been an interesting app so far. I can’t say one way or another if it is good or bad in terms of privacy and security, so I think their product team should do more to seek out third-party experts to do a more thorough review as to the claims being made about security and privacy for Wire. The reviews here so far seem mixed and inconsistent. Or maybe some of the reviews are not truthful and may be put here by govt or competitors who don’t like Wire(?)
I think the one privacy issue they do have is in showing so many users in the Search function when trying to connect with friends, etc. That feature alone should go. Not necessary and potentially intrusive, as some here have already shown by getting spammed with job scams, etc. Hope they will continue to make improvements.
Would be great if
I won’t talk about privacy features but the overall user experience. I have been using this platform for nearly two years along side Signal. I even encouraged a lot of my friends and acquaintances to download it if they needed to contact me. I was really disappointed with the amount of negative complaints they had about the general user experience and “bizarre laggy UI where simple tasks like sending a voice message would be like a puzzle”. That was the reason most of them uninstalled Wire. My point is the majority of people are seeking simplicity and would undoubtedly favor it over their own security and privacy and that’s why they use Whatsapp simply because it is user friendly not because they think it is secure and safe. For Wire developer team, please please please improve the user interface, at least make sending a voice message simple not laggy.
Please please please fix notifications issue. I have been missing all notification and tried every possible solution and still not fixed
I hate to leave a mediocre rating on an app Ive hardly used but I’m making this so the company and anyone else who is randomly installing this app as of now realizes that it’s like for a scam. If you cannot talk to someone face to face or with a phone number, they are likely using this platform to get your personal information and scamming you with a fake job/internship. “CatBird” has a false internship scam happening right now and it’s is being made possible with this app. If an “employer” tells you to install this app without you ever even being contacted by phone of seeing and individual face-to-face, do not move forward installing this app.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Wire Swiss GmbH
- 72.1 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
English, Arabic, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Lithuanian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovenian, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian
- Age Rating
- © 2023 Wire Swiss GmbH
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.