WIREs Climate Change, now available on your iPad and iPhone, is an important forum to promote cross-disciplinary discussion of a global phenomenon with long-term societal implications. Published in association with the Royal Meteorological Society and the Royal Geographical Society (with IBG), it is an authoritative, encyclopedic resource addressing key topics from diverse research perspectives. WIREs Climate Change is part of the award-winning Wiley Interdisciplinary Reviews series of innovative hybrid publications that combine the most powerful features of online encyclopedias and review journals. Enjoy an entirely new browsing and reading experience, and keep up to date with the latest review and opinion articles:
- Be notified when new articles are published in Early View and when issues are available
- Save your favorite articles for quick and easy access, including offline
- Share articles with colleagues or students
Climate change has become one of the most visible phenomena in the world today, recognized through the changes occurring to physical climates, natural and managed environments and social organizations, and also through deliberations about ethical responsibility and public policy. WIREs Climate Change offers a unique platform for exploring current and emerging knowledge from the many disciplines that contribute to our understanding of this phenomenon – environmental history, the humanities, physical and life sciences, social sciences, engineering and economics. This publication has been developed in association with the Royal Meteorological Society and the Royal Geographical Society (with IBG) in the UK and provides an important new encyclopedic reference for climate change scholarship and research. It also acts as a forum for gaining a wider set of perspectives about how climate change is understood, analyzed and contested around the world.
WIREs Climate Change is published by John Wiley & Sons, Ltd. in partnership with the Royal Meteorological Society and the Royal Geographical Society (with IBG).
CURRENT SUBSCRIBERS to WIREs Climate Change can “pair” their device with their personal or institutional subscription to enjoy full access in this iPad edition.
SUBSCRIBE IN THE APP: Annual Subscriptions (4 issues) for the iPad-only edition are available for $299.99 (US) per year. Payment is charged to your iTunes account after confirmation of purchase. WIREs Climate Change subscriptions automatically renew within 24 hours of the end of your subscription period for $299.99 (US) unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the subscription period. To turn off auto-renew, go to your iTunes account settings after purchase. Note that subscriptions cannot be cancelled during the term of the subscription, but you can still turn off auto-renew to prevent automatic renewal of your subscription. Note that any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when you purchases a subscription.
- Full support for the iPhone 6 and iOS 8.
- Sync your favourite articles, un/read articles and push notification preferences across all your iOS devices via your iCloud account.
- Subscribe to Future Article Alerts from the list of keywords in information tab in any article and get a push notification the next time an article is published with that same keyword. You can opt out any time from the new Message Centre on the settings tab.
- The Enhanced Search will now search all content downloaded and cached on your device.
- The new SSO login allows users who login to their society website to access journal content to login to the app using the same login and password that they use on their society’s website.
- Institutional and workplace network users can now register for access entirely within the app without the need complete the set up on their desktop.
- Support for Sponsored Subscriptions.
- Open Access Articles icon displayed for all OA content.
- We have developed a new Get Access feature for institutional users who login via their institution’s network. We have tested this but are aware that there may be issues—if you experience any problems please contact us on JASMobileAlerts@wiley.com
- Numerous bug fixes and enhancements.
Ratings and Reviews
- 25.4 MB
Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © John Wiley & Sons
- In-App Purchases
- WIREs Climate Change (mobile only) $299.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.