Wisconsin Public Radio App:
The Wisconsin Public Radio App allows you to listen to WPR’s Ideas Network, News and Classical Network, and 24 Classical Network live, pause and rewind the live audio, and view the program schedule for all the WPR streams at once! You can explore On Demand content, search for programs, bookmark a program for later, and wake up to WPR with the alarm clock!
• DVR-like controls (pause, rewind, and fast forward). You can pause the live stream to have a conversation and pick up right where you left off! Or rewind to catch a comment you just missed!
• Listen to live streams from WPR even while traveling!
• Integrated program schedules for every WPR stream!
• One click stream switching – flip over to the program you noticed on another stream with a single click.
• Listen to WPR in the background while browsing the web or catching up on your emails!
• Access WPR’s programs easily and quickly.
• DVR-like controls. Pause, rewind and fast forward your program with ease.
• When listening to programs, individual segments (when available) are listed so you can review and choose one or listen to the entire program.
• Easy to access past programs.
• The Wisconsin Public Radio App displays the web page associated with the program or program segment you are listening to On Demand so you can explore for more information.
• Catch up on all WPR news headlines in a single easy to read screen. Click to read the entire story or share with a friend.
• Easily share stories and programs with family and friends via the “Share” button.
• A built in Sleep Timer and Alarm Clock allows you to go to sleep and wake up to your favorite station.
The Wisconsin Public Radio App is brought to you by the people at WPR and Public Media Apps. We work to provide our valued listeners with great solutions to find what you want, when you want it, and where you want it.
Please support WPR by becoming a member today!
Improvements based on user feedback
Ratings and Reviews
Mostly a huge improvement
After some muddling around, I figured out how to get to the on demand programs I want. 2 things REALLY need improvement: 1. Programs should pick up where I left off-even if I pause, or completely leave the app, leave it on my phone and restart on my iPad. If SiriusXM cAn do this, so can WPR.
A long time fan of WPR!
My husband and I have been supporters of WPR for a very long time because I am an avid fan of Chapter A Day. (My parents listened to the program during the school day back in the 1940s and 50s!) The update is so different and not accommodating. I try to listen each day during the broadcast time but sometimes can’t. Before the update, I could find the program later in the afternoon or evening and listen and keep up with the story. Now I must wait at least until the next day and sometimes Monday of the following week to listen. I don’t like the Main Page at all. I can’t get to the choices I want. The previous Home Page worked well. I also encounter many of the same buffering problems and get “kicked off” the program when I pause. It’s not that I’m an older adult not navigating the site well. The previous format made sense and was easy to use. I feel my choices are limited, now. At least when I go to Florida this winter I can TRY to keep up with the stories. Thank you for continuing Chapter A Day all these years. It’s just harder to enjoy, now.
Delightful music, interesting and captivating programs, and easy to digest news coverage. WPR is always excellent. The app only improves in my personal opinion. Some are saying when they call or look at something else they are kicked off their program. This does not happen on my phone. If I use sound in other apps I can return and pick up right where I left off. I’m listening to it as I write this review. The update color and design is neat, clean, and organized. An overall very satisfying experience. More than any other app I have. What would I do without WPR. Thank you.
- University of Wisconsin - Extension
- 97.5 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2012 Sky Blue Technologies Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.