Wisconsin Public Radio App:
The Wisconsin Public Radio App allows you to listen to WPR’s Ideas Network, News and Classical Network, and 24 Classical Network live, pause and rewind the live audio, and view the program schedule for all the WPR streams at once! You can explore On Demand content, search for programs, bookmark a program for later, and wake up to WPR with the alarm clock!
• DVR-like controls (pause, rewind, and fast forward). You can pause the live stream to have a conversation and pick up right where you left off! Or rewind to catch a comment you just missed!
• Listen to live streams from WPR even while traveling!
• Integrated program schedules for every WPR stream!
• One click stream switching – flip over to the program you noticed on another stream with a single click.
• Listen to WPR in the background while browsing the web or catching up on your emails!
• Access WPR’s programs easily and quickly.
• DVR-like controls. Pause, rewind and fast forward your program with ease.
• When listening to programs, individual segments (when available) are listed so you can review and choose one or listen to the entire program.
• Easy to access past programs.
• The Wisconsin Public Radio App displays the web page associated with the program or program segment you are listening to On Demand so you can explore for more information.
• Catch up on all WPR news headlines in a single easy to read screen. Click to read the entire story or share with a friend.
• Easily share stories and programs with family and friends via the “Share” button.
• A built in Sleep Timer and Alarm Clock allows you to go to sleep and wake up to your favorite station.
The Wisconsin Public Radio App is brought to you by the people at WPR and Public Media Apps. We work to provide our valued listeners with great solutions to find what you want, when you want it, and where you want it.
Please support WPR by becoming a member today!
Performance enhancements and bug fixes
Your feedback helps us make our app better for everyone. Please send us your suggestions via the "Settings and Help" section of the app!
Ratings and Reviews
On Demand 5 stars, Listen Live 2 stars
LOVE the On Demand section. The lineup of WPR and national programs is outstanding. The live streams, though... 🤦♀️. The initial promo/Info spiel at launch can be absurdly long (don’t count on catching all the top-of-the-hour news unless you launch the app well ahead of time), the feed is unreliable, and ID spots sometimes break randomly into programs rather than at the standard breaks. I have superfast WiFi and robust cell service, and my phone is my radio, so the buggy performance is maddening. I have the WNIJ, WBEZ, and WBUR apps on my phone so I can switch when the WPR app lets me down.
My husband and I have been supporters of WPR for a very long time because I am an avid fan of Chapter A Day. (My parents listened to the program during the school day back in the 1940s and 50s!) The update is so different and not accommodating. I try to listen each day during the broadcast time but sometimes can’t. Before the update, I could find the program later in the afternoon or evening and listen and keep up with the story. Now I must wait at least until the next day and sometimes Monday of the following week to listen. I don’t like the Main Page at all. I can’t get to the choices I want. The previous Home Page worked well. I also encounter many of the same buffering problems and get “kicked off” the program when I pause. It’s not that I’m an older adult not navigating the site well. The previous format made sense and was easy to use. I feel my choices are limited, now. At least when I go to Florida this winter I can TRY to keep up with the stories. Thank you for continuing Chapter A Day all these years. It’s just harder to enjoy, now.
I love this App. No more driveway moments.
I love this App. No more driveway moments. When I drive to work listening to WPR on the care radio and have to be on time I finish listening to to the sowe on demand latent in the day. When I drive listening to WPR are on the radio don't get into my driveway, my phone connects to my home WiFi and I keep continue listening to WPR through the live stream.
And if I have those I herded on WPR moments I go too the on demand section and play the part I'm referring too.
The new version is great. And everyone how complainers, should take their time to get familiar with something new before thy give a rating.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Search History
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- University of Wisconsin - Extension
- 80.9 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2012 Sky Blue Technologies Inc.