Never be without your favorite radio station. WJR-AM is proud to present our OFFICIAL radio app.
Listen to us at work, home or on the road. Install our app and get instant access to our unique content, features and more!
- New design and interface
- See current playing show, latest podcast episodes and up to date station and local news on a single screen
- Access all your favorite podcast shows on demand. Listen live (less storage requirement) or download and listen when offline
- Wake up to your favorite station with our alarm clock. Record a personal reminder to play before waking to the station.
- Fall asleep while listening to your favorite station
- Access station's weekly show schedules so you don't miss a thing
- Real time weather for where you are
- Share our app via Facebook, Twitter, and e-mail
- Car Mode provides simple audio controls so you can listen while on the road
Please note: This app features Nielsen’s audience measurement software which will allow you to contribute to market research, such as Nielsen’s TV Ratings.
To learn more about our digital audience measurement products and your choices in regard to them, please visit http://www.nielsen.com/digitalprivacyfor more information.
Ratings and Reviews
Ads overriding program
I don’t understand why they have more ads then they already have on the radio. Frank will start to introduce someone and an ad overrides him and takes a bit to stop. It’s annoying, I’ll have to find a little radio to listen with🙄 I deleted the app before but thought I would give it another try today -still bad
Reading other reviews I will add that they must have fixed the problem of it turning off when phone goes to sleep, currently my phone is asleep and it is still playing on my blucube.
Need to register? Really?
For the last month or two, the app has allowed only registered users to use it. I DON’T WANT TO REGISTER! I have enough sites, etc. tracking me and I won’t allow them to. I often just want a convenient way to listen to the shows but now I can’t, at least not on WJR. If you are interested in picking up some of the shows elsewhere, you can still use the KSFO app, they have a SKIP button on the registration page. You can get Rush, Sean, Savage, and Levin there, sorry WJR, I won’t be listening to your ads......
What’s the point of this app?
This app is used by me to listen to this news station when I can’t listen to the radio. It shuts off when the phone goes to sleep, sometimes it loops commercials and doesn’t get back to the broadcast, the online site is asking for more personal information before it will allow you to listen. I don’t know if this is a WJR issue or a Cumulus issue either way if it doesn’t get fixed I’m going to continue to listen to other networks.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.