Take the WMUR News 9 app with you everywhere you go and be the first to know of breaking news happening in Manchester and the surrounding area. Always stay up to date with the latest local news, national, sports, traffic, political, entertainment stories and much more. Download the WMUR News 9 app for free today.
Our Local News, Weather and Sports App Features Include:
- Manchester breaking news alerts with push notifications
- Live streaming breaking news updates from our WMUR News 9 reporters when it happens, where it happens
- Local news submission area for breaking news, news tips and the ability to email your news photos and videos right to our newsroom to be featured on air
- Share stories via email or your social media pages
- Up to date, current local weather conditions, hourly Manchester weather updates, and 7 day forecasts
- An interactive radar that lets you zoom in and out to street level and watch storms as they approach. Move the map around to see major weather activity
- Manchester weather alerts and updates, Storm Watch 9 weather videocasts and more
Simple bug fixes, performance improvements and iOS 13 support.
Ratings and Reviews
Too Many Ads - Love Haley & Amy
There are too many ads especially when you click into a news story and an ad comes up that you get stuck listening to. Most of the time they are so annoying that I purposely won’t buy their products. And when you try to view one of the news videos there are more ads to contend with.
On a positive note, I enjoy listening to the weather with Haley LaPointe. She is a breath of fresh air. She delivers the weather in terms that the average citizen can comprehend, and she doesn’t stand in front of part of the weather map when speaking like the other two men do. It’s annoying to not be able to view the coastal section of the weather map because someone is blocking it. Amy Caveno is awesome, too. Much more personable than the others. Wish she was on during the weekdays.
Needs a lot of work
I rated this app 3 stars because there are a lot of commercials. It is annoying to have to wait to view a news article. Also, another issue I hope is resolved is the w/e news. It seems that the news never changes during the w/e. When the app is viewed on a Saturday or Sunday one would think that there would be something new in the news to see, but no, what I see is the same news from Wednesday or Thursday. I know there are different news reports during the w/e days. I would think that the news changes everyday. Is the person who posts the events that happen on the w/e off? This is just not right. Grrrrrt
Why can’t you scroll through all the stories?
The main page is great for headlines, but if you click on a story you go down a rabbit hole of random local and national stories all mixed together, and it’s not a complete list. I would Ike to be able to start at the beginning and then either scroll or swipe though all the local stories that are shown on the home page. Now, you get a couple but have to go back to the beginning and start down another rabbit hole to get to other stories. It just isn’t user friendly.
- Hearst Television
- 87.1 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2019, Hearst Properties Inc. on behalf of WMUR-TV
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.