Stay up-to-date with the latest news and weather in the Northeastern & Central Pennsylvania areas on the all-new free WNEP TV app.
Our app features the latest breaking news that impacts you and your family, interactive weather and radar, and live video from our newscasts and local events.
LOCAL & BREAKING NEWS
• Receive real-time notifications for breaking news
• Read the latest news as it happens in your area
• Explore exclusive investigative stories
• Browse photos, news clips, and raw video
• Daily and hourly forecasts for your city
• The latest forecasts from our meteorologists
• Interactive radar maps
• Sign up for government-issued severe weather alerts in your area
• Watch live video newscasts and breaking news from WNEP
• Discover and dive into topics that matter to you
• Favorite topics to receive personalized updates
• Share stories & videos directly with your friends and family
• See the latest updates and behind the scenes photos from your favorite anchors and reporters
• Get information on school delays & closings as they happen
This is the official app of WNEP and WNEP.com, the ABC affiliate serving the Northeastern & Central Pennsylvania areas.
Got feedback? Let us know how we can make this the best app experience for you! Send us a note at email@example.com.
Do Not Sell My Information: https://www.wnep.com/do-not-sell-my-information
Terms of Service: https://www.wnep.com/terms
• Squashed bugs & made performance improvements.
• To help make this the best app experience for you, keep sending us your feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org
Ratings and Reviews
Well , I must say you News coverage is wonderful. Weather outstanding , and get a chuckle out of Talk Back . Your are all a well organized operation, always smiling and having a Fantastic sense of Humor .
Now , you keep putting in the same pet pictures, I had sent in My dog Chelsey in her Red hat , for pet slide show a few times and it was said you received it . I haven’t see her picture on the slide show .
I really enjoy your Channel 16 News Station !
I Appreciate all your hard work to stay up to date on Covid ! Thank You ! ❤️
Developed for advertising and not user focused
The new app is difficult and confusing. It’s been developed for advertisers and not news, content, weather or the end user. Plus the splash screen is truly annoying. I already know what app I’ve opened and I know if it’s morning, afternoon, or night. When I open an app, especially a news app, I want the data I’m looking for as quickly as possible. Just removing the splash screen animation and having the app open straight to the news would improve this app to three stars for me.
For now I’ve gone back a decade and just put a bookmark to the webpage on my phone instead of using the app. The WTSP app from 10 news out of Tampa was another unfortunate casualty of this design. The old WNEP app was very good, albeit outdated, it functioned well and did the job of presenting the user with data phenomenally.
Plus why are you only allowed five saved locations for weather? I used the old WNEP app all over the country and if traveling I could store locations I travel to frequently. But the new app is limited to only five. It doesn’t even make logical sense. Why would you want someone to use another app that meets their needs and purposely cost yourselves ad revenue? I mean based on the barrage of ads on the new app you make it obvious that they are a major part of WNEP’s future.
New WNEP App
I didn’t like the app at first, but, with using it more I am finding more options particularly with the weather section. I am still getting used to the app and liking it the more I use it. I like the one app verses two apps. However, I have an issue with my location button, it doesn’t let me display my location marker. I get a pop up banner that says turn on location services, which I have turned on. I don’t like that the Moosic location can not be deleted. Also, I get notifications other than the weather even though I just have the weather switch turn on. I’d give the app a 5 if these issues were resolved.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Usage Data
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Search History
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Tegna Inc.
- 92.2 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © WNEP-TV, a TEGNA company. All Rights Reserved.