"My Library" (the app), developed and maintained by the Leisure and Cultural Services Department (LCSD) of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region Government, provides a safe and convenient channel to access the services of the Hong Kong Public Libraries. Through the app, members of the public can:
> access to and Management of multiple library accounts
> viewing of transaction history
> search, reserve and renew library materials
> save and retrieve library materials in My Lists
> check the addresses and opening hours of public libraries
> locate the nearest libraries via GPS
> use personalised alert services to receive notifications, including pick-up notices and due date reminders
> search library materials by scanning the ISBN barcode
> share the information of library materials to friends through e-mail, instant messaging tools and social sharing platforms
> paying overdue fines and reservation fees by mobile payment services
Personal Information Collection Statement
1. The personal data collected in the app will only be used for processing your library account or handling your enquiry.
2. The personal data required in the app include your library card number/Hong Kong identity card number and your library account password. Whether you store your personal data in the app is optional. If you have logged in with your Hong Kong identity card number, it will be converted and saved as a library card number.
3. The app will collect the device model, system version, usage and login records as general statistical data for helping the LCSD compile statistics or diagnosing system problems, so as to enhance the app and facilitate your use of our library services.
4. The app will obtain your location data via GPS and show you the nearest public libraries and any related information. Your location data will not be saved in the app.
5. The function of direct phone calling to branch libraries is provided in the app, but it will not collect any personal data.
6. The personalized library information notification service provided in the app will send the identifier of your device together with your alert messages to Apple Inc., from whom the messages will be pushed to your device.
Fix the display problem under specific phone settings
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
- Leisure and Cultural Services Department, Hong Kong SAR Government
- 12.6 MB
Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © Leisure and Cultural Services Department, Hong Kong SAR Government
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.