Trying a recipe for the first time? Planning a weekly menu? The Wolfram Culinary Mathematics Reference App will help streamline your culinary tasks by providing you with quick access to a set of tools specially designed for kitchen efficiency. With the Wolfram Culinary Mathematics Reference App you can access general information and perform simple cooking computations, or research food economics for a particular region or country. Get ready to explore what you can do using mathematics and the culinary arts.
- Get nutritional information for individual foods or entire meals
- Access the Recommended Daily Allowance and Dietary Reference Intake information for essential vitamins and nutrients
- Convert recipes and ingredient measurements to serve larger or smaller groups
- Locate nearby grocery stores by place or store name
- Perform simple math calculations while cooking
- Calculate the cost of food per recipe, per unit, per portion, and more, with options to use yield percent or trim
- Research food economics for specific years and countries with data about production and consumption, average prices, and comparisons
The Wolfram Culinary Mathematics Reference App is powered by the Wolfram|Alpha computational knowledge engine and is created by Wolfram Research, makers of Mathematica—the world's leading software system for mathematical research and education.
The Wolfram Culinary Mathematics Reference App draws on the computational power of Wolfram|Alpha's supercomputers over 3G, 4G, or Wi-Fi connection.
This app has been updated by Apple to display the Apple Watch app icon.
- Bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
As a Chef and Culinary Arts Instructor this is an app I can stand behind. I use this several times per week as a teaching tool for my culinary students. Part of being a chef and an instructor is demanding the best out of your tools, and smart planning. This app helps me to do both. Planning out seasonal menus and lessons have become much easier. My students and my Culinary Institute are happy we found this app.
For the home cook at best.
This app does not provide a lot of solid information. For all of the trim data for example and APQ,EPQ it does not provide any food data, where some other computer programs will provide a estimated trim for a particular type of food and offer a library of ingredients that have trim information. Why even offer a trim option on the app if there is no data for it? Anyone can weight the product then cut the trim and weight again to get the info. The library of ingredients offered food economics is a joke, mostly processed foods. If you are attending a culinary college you will learn culinary math while attending such as I did. This will help you throughout your career and sometime other areas such as spotting a bad culinary app. I thought this would be a fun app being familiar with other apps by wolfram but I was wrong. Spend your money elsewhere.
This is the best.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Wolfram Group LLC
- 13.2 MB
- Food & Drink
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.3 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2017, Wolfram Alpha, LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.