Learn facts about more than 350 dog breeds. The Wolfram Dog Breeds Reference App will help you discover which dog breed might be the perfect fit for you by computing information about height, weight, temperament, and more. From Golden Retrievers and Akitas to Border Collies and Beagles, the searchable list of dog breeds will provide you with hours of interesting facts and images.
- Read a detailed description and find out whether a breed is friendly or aggressive, social or shy
- Discover the history of the Belgian Malinois, Mastiff, Dachshund, Rottweiler, Pug, Shih Tzu, Bloodhound, Yorkshire Terrier, Great Dane, and more
- Decide whether a Companion dog, like the Pomeranian, or a Sporting dog, like the Cocker Spaniel, is best for you
- Compute information such as litter size, height, weight, and life span of dog breeds
- Determine whether a breed is short- or long-haired with mild or heavy shedding
- Get facts by looking for specific characteristics, breed names, or groups of dog breeds
- Find alternate breed names
- Find out whether a dog breed is recognized by a kennel club or canine council
- Compute given properties such as where a breed originated or a breed's club recognition year
The Wolfram Dog Breeds Reference App is powered by the Wolfram|Alpha computational knowledge engine and is created by Wolfram Research, makers of Mathematica—the world's leading software system for mathematical research and education.
The Wolfram Dog Breeds Reference App draws on the computational power of Wolfram|Alpha's supercomputers over a 3G, 4G, or Wi-Fi connection.
- Bug fixes
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
App provides no value
App gives good information when you select a breed, but you can find this same information with a quick google search. The “select breed by” query capability just doesn’t work - the results returned are not accurate. Some queries cause the app to crash reliably.
Mile wide, inch deep.
This app is aesthetically clean and covers the largest number of breeds I've seen in an app. The problem is there isn't much beneath the surface. Thumbnails that you can't enlarge (and only one picture per breed, at that), inconsistent information categories (some have "grooming," others don't, etc). For a paid reference app, it could use a little more depth.
People keep asking me what breed of dog my dog Penny is. On paper she was described as a Lab/Shepard mix but she's too small for that. One person identified her as a Carolina Wild Dog but she doesn't fit that description. Another said he adopted an identically looking dog from the same place at about the same time as I adopted Penny and he met someone who identified the breed. Unfortunately, I forgot what he told me. Curious, I bought this app hoping to identify what breed of dog Penny is. Unfortunately, this app seems to be tailored toward finding a dog breed best for your needs and not identifying the breed of a particular dog. It is not very useful for me. I am giving it a 4 star review so as not to discourage others from trying it.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Wolfram Group LLC
- 178 MB
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.3 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2017, Wolfram Alpha, LLC.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.