The Wolfram Lawyer's Professional Assistant is an innovative reference tool for the busy legal professional. With detailed reference information and data in major contemporary legal fields as well as bonus research information such as demographics and financial computations, this app will be your first stop for quick lookups and fact checking.
- A dictionary of legal terms
- Statutes of limitations for each US state
- Information about visa types, including basic requirements, common issues, and extensions and limits
- Calendar computations to quickly determine the end date of a specific term
- Financial computations, including fees calculator, settlement calculator, current interest rates, historical value of money, and federal U.S. tax rates
- Crime rates and history for specific crimes, as well as state and national average comparisons
- Demographics of population and economy for a specific city
- Investigative information, including weather, company information, IP lookup, and blood alcohol calculator
- Damages and estate planning computations for occupational salaries, cost of living, life expectancy, and present or future value
- Real estate law, including mortgage calculators, closing cost estimation, information on square footage, home sales price, and utility prices
- International information about currency, country economy, and languages spoken, as well as time zone conversions
- Roman numeral conversion
The Wolfram Lawyer's Professional Assistant is powered by the Wolfram|Alpha computational knowledge engine and is created by Wolfram Research, makers of Mathematica—the world's leading software system for mathematical research and education.
The Wolfram Lawyer's Professional Assistant draws on the computational power of Wolfram|Alpha's supercomputers over a 3G, 4G, or Wi-Fi connection.
- Bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Just light $5 on fire
...and you would experience more utility than this app provides. Without a doubt this is the most useless lawyer app I have ever seen. I’ll be asking for a refund.
Not Useful—Very Disappointed
I rarely write reviews, but I wanted to warn others against buying an app that does not provide much that a good pocket calculator and Google search can't do. The tools that this app has are not useful for the vast majority of legal possessional, because they are never applicable to our day-to-day work (e.g. a cost of living calculator) and the few that one might use, provide insufficient information with insffuicent sourcing making them virtually useless. While it is from the people behind the fantastic Wolfram Alpha search engine, the results are nearly identical to what would get from using the website.
It's a wonderful idea, but really disappointing that it isn't useful for the professional.
Wow, messed up on this one. Should have read whole review in legal guide before purchasing. Figured they were giving a positive review not negative. SOL section, really gives like 8 examples from Utah. Legal dictionary, from my first searches most words were not included that's searched for. No search option had to go to a letter in alphabet then scroll down the words. What a joke..
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.