Let the Wolfram Personal Fitness Assistant help you get moving! Custom weight-loss calculators provide a personalized estimate of what it will take to reach your target weight goals. Fitness calculations for everything from running and cycling to yoga or gardening will tell you calories, fat burned, and more about any activity you encounter throughout your day.
- Enter your personal measurements and discover the energy expenditure and fat burned for over 275 activities
- Custom fitness calculations compute your estimated heart rate to help you determine your target heart rate
- Compute the calories burned while performing everyday activities and get a more accurate picture of your caloric needs
- Tailor results using combinations of variables like time, distance, speed, or pace
- Calculate your BMI to see if you are in the ideal weight range for your height
- Use custom weight-loss calculators to find out how long it will take to reach your target body weight and your required caloric intake
- Calculate different measures of health: body mass index (BMI), basal metabolic rate (BMR), and body surface area (BSA)
- Set goals using racing performance predictions based on your workout
- Compute calories and fat burned while playing team sports like baseball, softball, volleyball, and track
- Find out energy expended during any recreational activity, from surfing to fishing, hunting, or hula dancing
- See how many calories you burn on specific daily tasks at home and work, like gardening or office work
- Even compute calories burned during "inactivity," while meditating, sleeping, or sitting quietly
The Wolfram Personal Fitness Assistant is powered by the Wolfram|Alpha computational knowledge engine and is created by Wolfram Research, makers of Mathematica—the world's leading software system for mathematical research and education.
The Wolfram Personal Fitness Assistant draws on the computational power of Wolfram|Alpha's supercomputers over a 3G, 4G, or Wi-Fi connection.
- Bug fixes
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Waste of money!
Take a good look at the screens above. They show exactly what the app offers.
Fitness Calculations: Once you add all of the data manually (time, distance, age, gender, height, weight, etc) it will give you an estimate of your energy expenditure. It won't even consider asking for avg/max BPM!
On Physical Activities: You'll get the same kind of form to fill in order to get the same info. Again seems like the info given is not enough and the manual entry on every form is dumb.
Measures of Health: BMI, BMR, BSA (you're one Google search away from this calculations). But hey... At least it shows a nice graph! (see pics above)
Weight Loss: Set your current body weight or how much you want to lose, your calorie intake and it will give you another pretty wolfram graph.
Thats all the amazing functions the app offers.
Not even a history to track your progress? Really?!
Seems like I'm just using one of those sites on the web that offers calculators for calories and weight tracking. (with the Wolfram interface for the results - like someone said in another review).
If I had any way of testing the app before buying it I would not have wasted my money on this.
The only price this app should have is U$0.00 - Free!
Just buy the 99¢ wolfram alpha app, it will tell you all the same stuff. This app does not track or build graphs for you. All it does is ask you to put you data into a formula and it computes it, it doesn't even save your data so you have to enter it every time! I'm ticked off they "robbed" me of five bucks for this app. Shame on you Wolfram! I thought better of you!
Another $5 interface for Wolfram Alpha
Considering the $5 price tag, I was expecting quite a bit more. The app does as advertised, but the interface strikes me as clumsy and amateurish. Not at all what I would expect from the smart folks at Wolfram. As another reviewer pointed out, this app lacks a central profile for your biometric data. You have to enter this information for every single thing you use this app for.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.