Taking introductory physics or need a quick physics reference? Then you need the Wolfram Physics II Course Assistant. This app will help you work through your homework problems, ace your tests, and learn physics concepts. Forget canned examples! The Wolfram Physics II Course Assistant solves your specific physics problems on the fly.
This app covers the following topics from Physics II:
- Calculate properties of solids, including stress, pressure, deformation, and more
- Calculate properties of fluids, including drag, buoyancy, hydrostatic pressure, and more
- Solve a variety of electricity and magnetism calculations
- Perform ray optics calculations, including Snell's law, lensmaker's equation, thin lens equation, and more
- Compute wave effects, including properties of diffraction and thin film interference
- Do common thermodynamics calculations, including the ideal gas law, Joule's first law, and more
- Look up laws of physics and common physics constants
The Wolfram Physics II Course Assistant is powered by the Wolfram|Alpha computational knowledge engine and is created by Wolfram Research, makers of Mathematica—the world's leading software system for mathematical research and education.
The Wolfram Physics II Course Assistant draws on the computational power of Wolfram|Alpha's supercomputers over a 3G, 4G, or Wi-Fi connection.
This app has been updated by Apple to use the latest Apple signing certificate.
- Bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Sad excuse for a "program"
The "program" is extremely limited. For example, if you need force, then it only has two slots open for mass and acceleration. It won't help you solve for mass using Ke=1/2mv^2 to get velocity and then to get initial and final velocity and to get acceleration which is what physics is about. Using all the formulas to your knowledge to solve the problem. Don't even think about downloading this program if you need to solve word problems because I'm 100% sure it can not do it. This program should be used for maybe highschoolers but for college level, it is simply useless. There is no flexibility. I expected more from a 3.00$ application.
Not very helpful
I purchased this app with the hope that it would help me with my physics homework and learning physics. I immediately put it to the test but found the app to be incapable of helping. For example, if I want to calculate the charge of 2 ions, given the mass, distance, and force, the app is unable to come up with an answer for this because it has no capability of setting those parameters. Very disappointed. I would not recommend this app for a student learning physics until Wolfram is able to add functionality.
I'm afraid I just wasted my money on this app. Like the other reviewer found, start screen comes up and the app hangs. This app is non-functional on my iPhone 4S and needs revision. And for the record, it's not working on my iPad either!
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Wolfram Group LLC
- 14.1 MB
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.3 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2017, Wolfram Alpha, LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.