Taking signals and systems? Then you need the Wolfram Signals & Systems Course Assistant. This app for signals and systems will provide homework help and give answers to your specific complex numbers and functions, time domain properties, convolutions, Fourier analysis, Laplace transform, and transfer function problems.
This app covers the following tasks applicable to a college-level signals and systems engineering course:
- Perform analysis on complex numbers and complex functions
- Calculate the step response, sinusoidal response, and signal energy and other time domain properties
- Perform convolutions of continuous and discrete normal or piecewise functions
- Compute continuous Fourier analysis, including Fourier series, coefficient, and transforms
- Perform discrete Fourier analysis, including discrete time Fourier transforms
- Calculate Laplace and Z transforms
Find responses, poles, and zeros of transfer functions
The Wolfram Signals & Systems Course Assistant is powered by the Wolfram|Alpha computational knowledge engine and is created by Wolfram Research, makers of Mathematica—the world's leading software system for mathematical research and education.
The Wolfram Signals & Systems Course Assistant draws on the computational power of Wolfram|Alpha's supercomputers over a 3G, 4G, or Wi-Fi connection.
This app has been updated by Apple to use the latest Apple signing certificate.
- Bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Doesn’t help with homework problems and other advanced Fourier and convolutions problems
Things to improve:
- Include triangle function
- Include step-by-step convolutions, Fourier, and time domain solutions
- Include graphical analysis of convolution
Should have listened to the other review, total waste. It's limited to the most insanely basic problems which means it won't help with anything since questions in homework and practice exams are all much more complex and need to be heavily adjusted for this app to even recognize. So basically, if you are looking for help this app will not help at all. Best advice for anyone taking this course is to learn how to use your calculator and refresh on euler's, trig identities, and polar. Let the calculator do all the integrations and just know how to simplify from there. This will let you focus on the actual material and efficiently solve problems since you won't have time to calculate anything by hand on a test.
How could this app be improved? Add all the relevant equations and a brief theory to each section. Also, get it to recognize different Forms of equations... Expecting someone who is seeking help to do 90% of the problem for the app to find its own behind seriously defeats the purpose of the app.
I’m taking a course of DSP in college and I thought this would be helpful but not all. What a useless app, I could’ve spend 3 dollars on something I’d actually use for this app is the Wolfram Alpha, just color coated. Extremely disappointed.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Wolfram Group LLC
- 16.4 MB
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.3 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2017, Wolfram Alpha, LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.