WonderSwipe Research on the go 17+
Search Swipe Summarize Learn
Designed for iPad
You got a non-trivial search you want to do while on the go. Do you search on your mobile browser, or you wait until you get to a desktop? Do you wish the whole mobile search ordeal is faster than tap into a result, wait a few seconds, not what you want, back up, scroll down to another promising result, find that it still doesn't answer your question, etc etc.?
WonderSwipe rethinks the whole process from search to answers. With summarized articles extracted per search result, you speed through finding your answers. That’s on top of 10x faster loading than standard HTML browsers, and further speed gain in our namesake swipe-through-everything UI. Here’s what WonderSwipe does differently, so you can Mind Meld with the Web wherever you are:
1. Faster search: 10-100x search results loading, as measured in app vs. Safari or Chrome
2. Summaries of each search result, and tap into Reader mode of full articles. Clean text, like Safari's, and perfectly formatted for mobile screens. Browse and find answers in shortened summaries faster still
3. No tabs: Easily swipe through search results, no back & forward in browser history or fiddling with background browser tabs. Who wants that on mobile?
4. Beautifully formatted, keyword highlighted summaries and Reader mode articles also means no privacy-violating ads, no trackers, no distraction which are increasingly infesting the Web
5. Listen to search results like audiobooks: Hands-free mode with automatic scrolling, while search summaries are spoken out
After 2 years in development, WonderSwipe 1 is now ready. It is designed from the ground up to find you the answers you search for, in the fastest way possible. A refreshing change from mega tech corporations nowadays, sinking more and more of our time to draw our attention for advertisers. And the Web should be a great library first, advertisers’ interest second.
Note that WonderSwipe is not a browser replacement. It reimagined it, as a most efficient Web research & reference tool. It elevates your search experience best when your web search is newsy or topical, involves some subjective opinion, and returns articles with text for summarization. WonderSwipe 2 will add sharable highlighting and notes, so learners can help other learners like you based on each others' curation, even more quickly surfacing diamonds in the search results rough, together.
• Further fixed Google News results list parsing
• Even faster app start time, at 1s or less with recent iPhones. WonderSwipe is among the few productivity apps which gives your shiny A chips an exercise, so your brain and finger can work less
• Search history, and autocomplete on search history! All done locally on your phone, WonderSwipe has no servers to speak of. Close to perfect privacy. Delete with (X) button and it's wiped from local storage.
• Incognito mode on all app embedded Web views. Bonus besides privacy: bust quota based paywalls that rely on cookies
• Placeholder star for the coming star of the show: Saving summaries that directly answer what you are looking for in your search, as your own reference or for sending to friends and coworkers as lists
• Considering renaming WonderSwipe to something more fitting for what the app does for you. Ninja Search? Search Ninja? Tell us what's a better name!
IMPORTANT on iPads: if you had issue seeing summarized results since iPadOS 13, and still have issue after installing this update. Please uninstall WonderSwipe and re-install again, and it should be fixed.
We're actively developing WonderSwipe. It’s not working right for you? Let us know and help at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ratings and Reviews
The best of the best...
I want to tell you why I'm such a fan of WonderSwipe. Just a note to Chat 3.5/4.0 users. These are revolutionary and very powerful engines. I embrace them fully with a couple of significant caveats. These are as follows. They refuse to answer questions that cross what they perceive as moral boundaries. They can't answer questions requiring knowledge of events or concepts arising after 2021. Third, and to me the most important, they are sometimes wrong. Admittedly rarely, but when they are, they can be extremely eloquent in presenting false information.
WonderSwipe has none of these failings. It has a very powerful natural language processor that quickly distills from a free text query the essential attributes of the information you desire. It then seeks and provides the urls that are the best answer pages and helpfully provides keyword highlighting and an intelligent summarizations which are readily expandable to full text. Needless to say, the results are devoid of any advertising shrubbery. The user is free to subselect the responses which best fit their needs. Try it out and you will see that in really important matters that don't require interaction to chained queries ( a chat), WonderSwipe is the better choice.
Developer Response ,
Quite a review! The Web is the ultimate repository of knowledge, WonderSwipe just reimagines the access with that alone, distilled and without ads. Glad you love it!
Unique Summative Browzing Experience
Other phone browsers can not match the utility of Wonderswipe. While I'm not going to make WonderSwipe my default browser, I see it as a unique utility that can help catch me up on a generally well-known topic and get a rough idea from multiple sources at once. If you have an academically curious mind, I recommend you check this out.
I've used it to understand the chemistry of cleaning supplies, the environmental footprint of various products, and what I should be planting in my garden!
It's excellent for skimming articles (like WordPress and other non-paywall news) but not so great for other websites. The summarization engine is elegant but not consistently accurate. It bolds text that it thinks is important, which is neat, and when I need more context, I can click on pieces of the extractive summary to read where it came from. But since it's an automated summary, you never know if it will perform well or poorly. At least it doesn't take too long (<10 sec) to see what it thinks is most important. Also, since everything is conducted on your device, it goes as fast as your device can fetch and summarize the content of pages. Meaning you get extra privacy and no ads for all your searches! Yahoo!
I'm glad to have this tool in my pocket for all the quirks this app and its automated summaries may have; you will, too, if only to test it out.
Extremely Useful and Unique
I love how the search and everything runs smoothly. It’s a unique experience that gives you a ton more info then a regular search on a boring ordinary browser. I’d recommend this to anyone! Best app by far.
The only thing I’d do different is the app icon color. Lol I know that is a silly artificial detail but the light red and white is easy to pass by and I tend to forget about it sometimes. If it was like black and a bright eye catching color like blue, pink, green or even purple, I think it would look sleek and attention grabbing.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for your kind words! We definitely are striving for a new kind of browser for research deep search topics with an efficiency unlike anything seen before.
Interesting thought on our accent pink/red color. We are actually going for uniqueness with it in a sea of indeed boring or typical icon designs. Do you think the same red on black background would look better? That would be higher contrast that red/white currently.
Feel free to email us at email@example.com and thanks again for your review!
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- User Content
- Browsing History
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Zeta Networks Inc.
- 21.3 MB
- Requires iOS 12.4 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.4 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.4 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- 17+ Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2020 Zeta Networks Inc.