Award-winning ABC, phonics, and spelling games. Kids learn while having fun. 95% of parents say that Wonster Words has helped their children gain reading skills. Enjoyed by millions of kids. Download Wonster Words today!
FUN WITH LEARNING
Kids play and don't even know they are learning! In Wonster Words, kids and toddlers put together words through interactive word puzzles. As the child drags a letter puzzle, the name of the letter and the phonics sounds will play. Once the words are completed, children will enjoy silly videos head-lined by the lovable Wonsters. Mini-games and activities help your child stay engaged. Additionally, whole-piece puzzle games introduce even more vocabulary.
• "I downloaded this game for my 2 yr old daughter and she is always running off with my phone to learn some new words."
• "As a 1st grade teacher with a kindergartener [son] I know how important it is to keep learning interesting. This is my son's favorite app and mine too."
PREPARE FOR SCHOOL
Help your children prepare for preschool, kindergarten, and elementary schools by helping them learn more than the basic alphabets and phonics. Wonster Words includes vowels, consonant blends, word families, diphthongs, digraphs, CVC word structure, and spelling. 95% of parents say Wonster Words has helped their children gain reading skills.
• "I love that my son is learning to spell!! He has been using this app since he was 1.5, he is now 2.5 and everyone thinks he is in elementary school because of his use & understanding of vocabulary!!"
• "My 2 year old has learned all her ABC's and how to match them here. So many people ask what app she is playing when we're in the stores. Super love it!!!"
SPEECH & SPECIAL NEEDS
For kids with speech delay, Wonster Words can help them practice hearing and speaking word sounds. It doubles as a good reinforcer/motivator for SLP services the child may already be receiving.
• "My three year old was slow to articulate many words. Speech therapy was helpful but he seemed bored with the simplistic repetitions. Got this game to work with him at home on pronunciation and alphabet recognition... He's four now and still loves this app. Non stop chatterbox with a huge vocabulary. And he uses all the app words in his pretend play and storytelling."
• "I am a retired Speech-language Pathologist and I provide training for preschools. I love this app for vocabulary building, early reading and spelling."
• Parent's Choice
• Dr. Toy's Best Picks
• Kidscreen iKids Finalist
• Mom's Choice Gold
• Academic's Choice
• No Ads
• Offline play
• Includes ABC, phonics, blends, complex vowels, digraphs, and more.
• Teach kids CVC words and spelling in order.
• Silly animations that show the definition of words
• Fun puzzle games that introduce vocabulary
• Mini-games to encourage replay
Wonster Words is a subscription product that comes with a 7-day free trial. After the free trial, the subscription auto-renews monthly for $7.99/month.
You can use the subscription on any iOS device registered with your AppleID. Subscriptions may be managed by the user and automatic renewal may be turned off anytime by going to the user's Account Settings. Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase. Cancellation will not go into effect until the end of the monthly billing cycle. Any unused portion of a free trial period will be forfeited if the user purchases another concurrent subscription.
If you run into issues with the app on your device, please email us at email@example.com.
• NEW WONSTER STORYBOOKS!
• Read along as Patty battles the elements on an epic quest for hotdogs
• If you like Wonster Words, please leave us a 5-star review. We really appreciate it.
Ratings and Reviews
My three year old was slow to articulate many words. Speech therapy was helpful but he seemed bored with the simplistic repetitions. Got this game to work with him at home on pronunciation and alphabet recognition. Was hoping he'd get excited to use the iPad and would try to say more words.
He still took his own sweet time talking but he quickly learned all the sounds of the alphabet and the letters, a whole pile of vocabulary words, and loves doing all the different activities.
He's four now and still loves this app. Non stop chatterbox with a huge vocabulary. And he uses all the app words in his pretend play and storytelling. Now I'm working with him on phonics and basic word reading. This app is well worth its price in longevity and educational soundness. I recommend it and would buy additional versions/expansions to use with my little one.
I can’t take credit 😊
My son was struggling with letter sounds 5 year old, Kindergarten). We couldn’t find an effective way of helping him that would keep him engaged and entertained. We’re talking scoring red in standardized testing and us parents being told he needed serious intervention. Until (dunndunnnndunnnnnn) enter Wonster Words. His teacher was like “I don’t know what you’re doing but he finally is getting it” and that’s all I did was change what he was absorbing. Instead of pointless games in the iPad, this app is fun, engaging, hilarious (seriously, the content is so relevant and on point). My husband and I have already told so many friends about this golden gem of an app. Mainly because we see our other littles starting to get it too. Earlier than our oldest.
We’ve had this game for about 18 months
My child started playing this game right around 12 months old and learned his letters and sounds very quickly. Family and friends were always impressed when he could identify letters and made a pretty big deal, which made him feel pretty proud.
The huge update was a mistake for our family - they seemed to have integrated a lot from their other game puzzingo and my child now gets frustrated because he has a hard time with finding the games he loved to play. We probably won’t let our soon to be 12 month old loose on it either as I think there’s too much to confuse him now.
If your kids haven’t played before it’s probably a solid choice - but I think it’s always messy changing a toddlers favorite thing into something unrecognizable - so if your kid loves this game and you haven’t updated yet DONT! Just download puzzingo if you’re worried about missing out on content.
Developer Response ,
Hi Amaress - Thank you for the feedback. Glad to hear that you like Wonster Words and have had it for 18 months. Can you tell me more which game your child is looking for that he has trouble finding? Also any information you can share on how the new UI is confusing to your child would be much appreciated. You can reach me at akao(at)77sparx.com. Thanks!
- 77Sparx Studio, Inc.
- 120.1 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2014 77SPARX Studio, Inc
- In-App Purchases
- Wonster Words Access Subscription $0.99
- Wonster Words Access Subscription $7.99
- "ET" word pack $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.