WOOTT is an Audio Unit plugin (AUv3 audio effect) inspired by the infamous OTT sound.
WOOTT uses a triple band dynamics algorithm with simultaneous downwards AND upwards compression, and adds a dedicated limiter to each band. So what's all that techno mumbojumbo good for?
1. First, it slams all the loud, dominant aspects of your sound
2. Next it blows up all the subtle quiet bits that were hiding below
As a result, it's perfect for:
- Blowing up average sounds to massive proportions
- Giving an aggressive sharp edge to synthesizer filters
- Bringing out subtle details and movement that would otherwise get lost in the mix (in a hamfisted way, though)
- Dusting off old breakbeat samples and loops
- Hyping specific aspects of your synth lines
- Making generally boring things more interesting
- AUv3 audio unit effect plugin
- Universal (all iPads and iPhones supported), iOS11+
- Runs in all your favorite plugin hosts: Cubasis, AUM, Beatmaker 3, Nanostudio 2, Garageband, etc.
- Multi-output (requires compatible host) for post-processing the individual bands
- Low-resource, so stack as many of them as you like - "[WO]OTT all the things!"
- Downwards *and* upwards compressors (a rare feature on conventional dynamics plugins)
- Smart soft limiter per band, adapts to its own band's specific settings
- Mono switch makes low-band signal monaural for an extra tight bass
Note: this is not a subtle effect. If subtle and minimal are what you're after, this is not the droid you're looking for :-)
User manual on ruismaker.com
Thanks for the great support and the kind feedback!
- Improved the interaction behavior of the bands panel
- Added "MONO" switch for the low band (makes the low frequencies monaural before compression)
- Minor internal optimizations
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
The sounds in this app are amazing! You can infinitely manipulate sounds. There’s just no end to its coolness.
On the topic of coolness, Bram’s attention to customer service is unparalleled. I was completely clueless as to how it worked, so I dropped him a line to ask. Within minutes, he patiently walked me through it. I’d give it 10 stars on that alone. Thanks Bram!
Going to try it out right now, but if you’re referring to the OTT that produced for the likes of Shpongle and Hallucinogen I’m sure it’s a hit before even trying it out. Even just the fact that it’s a build from Bram Bos makes it top quality in and of itself. Thank you, keep up the amazing music development... I love your stuff!
Amazing sound enhancement
This really does what it says, can slice things up immediately in a lot of different ways. I am having fun using it to bring up the noise floor in old dirty samples to make use of all the artifacts that get hidden in the mix
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.