"The Word Among Us" is the largest daily devotional for Catholics (print & digital editions available). Beautifully designed for iPad and iPhone, The Word Among Us app is free to download and offers a 2 week free trial subscription.
THE WORD AMONG US iOS APP INCLUDES
• Mass readings for everyday of the year (The New American Bible).
• Daily meditations based on Mass readings.
• Complete Order of Mass (ICEL).
• Issue articles based on a central theme.
• Special Features including articles on the Saints and personal testimonies.
• Digital Exclusives (additional content not found in the printed edition).
• Single page portrait and beautiful two page book-like landscape viewing on iPad.
Liturgical source: United States Conference of Catholic Bishops (The New American Bible) & ICEL.
• Apple iTunes Digital Subscriptions (monthly or annual) are available via in-app purchase.
• Payment will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase.
• Apple iTunes Digital Subscriptions automatically renew. If auto-renew is not turned off, your iTunes account will be charged within 24-hours prior to the end of the current subscription period.
• You can turn off auto-renew at any time from your iTunes account settings (Accessible within iTunes or from the “Support” section of our app).
• Any unused portion of a free trial period will be forfeited when a subscription is purchased.
Terms of Service: wau.org/termsofservice
ABOUT THE WORD AMONG US
Founded in 1981, "The Word Among Us” is now the largest daily devotional for Catholics.
Includes the daily Scripture readings from Mass with a meditation (based on one of the readings) for every day of the year, the complete Order of the Mass, articles about the Saints, and practical advice on living the Christian life. Printed and digital editions are available.
For more: wau.org/about
*Bug fixes & improvements
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
My complete go to prayer companion
I have had the Word Among Us print editions for 20 years and have given many a gift subscription. It really does make a wonderful gift no matter the platform... I decided to get the digital subscription when COVID-19 changed the way we attend Mass. Since Missals would no longer be available in the pews, I wanted to be able to follow along on my tablet or smartphone. Not only does Word Among Us include daily scripture readings, it also has the Order of the Mass. The daily meditations are well written, and I look forward with great anticipation to reflecting on God’s word each day. If the app were the print copy, I would wear the cover right off every issue. I do wish there was a way to access the forum from the app. Currently, you have to go to the web version to participate in any discussions.
A lifelong Catholic, though I regularly attended Sunday Mass, I had spent little time reading and studying scripture. Started attending daily Mass when my son was deployed for six months to the Middle East four years ago I began each day reading the day’s scripture and summary thoughts before the service. I continued this practice after he safely returned home still finding it a good way to focus as I start my day. He leaves again this spring; I ask you all to remember them as you start your own day.
Update: Thankfully, he and his squadron mates returned safely from this latest deployment. My morning reading of the day’s Mass scriptures and reflections continue to help guide me through the day.
Developer Response ,
We will remember your son in prayer (I'll forward this to our intercessory prayer team). Because of the support of our print and digital subscribers, we are able to offer the digital edition of our magazine free to active duty service men and women (visit wau.org/activeduty for more information). Available for Android as well. Please express our gratitude to your son for his service. God bless!
WAU starts my day!
I started reading the daily Mass readings and meditations as a Lenten practice several years ago. Now the first thing I do after I get up in the morning is take time to continue to do this. It has enriched my prayer life and the readings fill in the blanks between Sunday Mass scripture. The meditations are always appropriate for my life! On the weekends I take time to read the monthly reflections, conversion stories and Saint stories. I love it. I still read the paper print version, but when I forget it or cannot find it,I know I can count on this handy App!
Developer Response ,
That's great Diane! Thank you so much for posting this and your support over the years. God bless.
- The Word Among Us, Inc.
- 34.5 MB
- Magazines & Newspapers
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2020 The Word Among Us
- In-App Purchases
- The Word Among Us (Monthly) $1.99
- The Word Among Us (Annual) $22.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.