“First Words Book and Kids Puzzles Box” is an educational app for the iPad that includes two games featuring adaptive and personalized learning. The Word Book that teaches phonics, letter names and spelling to children from preschool to Grade 1. And the Puzzle Box that helps children develop their observational skills through extraordinary shape and frame tray puzzles.
FEATURED BY APPLE
Featured in "New and Noteworthy", "New" and "What's Hot" for the iPad by Apple in the US, UK, Canadian, Australian and 18 more countries.
“First Words Book and Kids Puzzles Box” keeps children engaged through a unique star reward system, where children earn a star for completing successfully a word or a puzzle. Every five stars they have the chance to redeem them for toys and items to decorate their own interactive iPad room. The items are decorative and toys that may be positioned anywhere in the room.
● Star reward system, children earn stars to decorate their own interactive iPad room.
● Four (4) different room colors and over one hundred (100) different items and toys to win, endless combinations.
● Four (4) different player profiles for personalized learning.
● Choice of avatar or picture for user profiles.
● Passcode locking available to prevent user switching (may be set through settings).
● Verbal instructions and motivational voice feedback.
● Children may easily pick up where they left off, or finish a more challenging level they have yet to complete monitoring their own progress.
● Monitor learning information for each child with just one glance.
● Thirty (30) words of animals and forty (40) shape and frame tray puzzles (full version only).
● More words and puzzles available through in-app purchases.
● Adaptive learning through increased difficulty levels for each game:
Three levels for Preschool through to Grade 1 (ages 1-7)
○ Level 1: Learn the sounds of letters with hints and free letter placement.
○ Level 2: Learn the sounds of letters without hints and free letter placement.
○ Level 3: Learn the names of letters without hints and strict letter placement (left to right)
Three levels for improving observational skills through shape and frame tray puzzles:
○ Level 1: Puzzles pieces not rotated and picture hint.
○ Level 2: Puzzle pieces not rotated and reduced picture hint.
○ Level 3: Puzzle pieces randomly rotated no picture hint.
KNOW WHAT'S INSIDE
As a MOMs with Apps member, we follow the "Know what's inside" best practices for kids' apps.
At Pinwheel Labs your children's privacy and safety is our priority that is why our app:
◇ Does not collect/share any user's personally identifiable information.
◇ Does not contain Social Network Integration or other Social Features.
◇ Does not contain ads.
◇ Contains In-App Purchases for additional content behind a parental gate that are purchased once
◇ Contains "Feedback", "Tell a Friend" and "Rate Now" buttons that are on a contained, parent targeted screen, behind a parental gate.
◇ Contains a "More Games" button and corresponding page, behind a parental gate.
For more information please visit: www.pinwheellabs.com/privacy
ABOUT PINWHEEL LABS
At Pinwheel Labs we love what we do, developing fun and educational applications for children. We are a passionate and committed small team of parents, who are graphics artists and developers. Our team is augmented by educators and our own children, our awesome beta testing team!
Visit us: www.pinwheellabs.com
Like us: www.facebook.com/pinwheellabs
Follow us: www.twitter.com/pinwheellabs
● Our brand new Pinwheel Labs logo
Ratings and Reviews
my 10 yr old with autism loves this!
I have to say, when I saw that at the 3rd level, you had to 'turn' the puzzle pieces, I thought, oh boy, not sure she can do it? I showed her once or twice and now she loves it. What a great way to more realistically work on puzzles than just dragging them in! With a real puzzle, you have to manipulate the piece to see which way it goes to fit it in and this is the only puzzle app I have found that has this. This works on fine motor skills and problem solving too! And, it is a beautiful app! I would like to add to my past review that the updates they have made since then make it even better! Being conscious of parents not wanting our kids to make in app purchases without understanding is important and so many app developers do not consider this…so thank you for adding that security! Not having to use all their stars right away also is a great idea, love that….thank you!! I can tell that you guys are really trying to think of everything! Ha, I can hear my daughter independently playing this app as I write this…that means so much to me, so again…THANK YOU for an awesome app!!:)
Started with the lite version and within two days my kids (6 & 4) wanted the full version. I love this app! It's entertaining and educational all wrapped into one. The feature to set up different accounts (for all children) is great. They enjoy decorating their bedrooms and watching the levels change as they do more and more! I want more and more apps by Anlock to be released or even more updates to expand this as they are focusing so much of their time on this one app ... well you get the idea. Need more to add in room or even add on a playroom or something for them to decorate with? Regardless, two thumbs up and a snap as my daughter says! Thank you Anlock for the spelling, puzzles, and more plus the entertainment factor...you saved my sanity the last few days!
I'm updating this to again thank Anlock Apps for producing such a fantastic app for kids! As stated previously BOTH of my kids (boy and girl) love this app! You cannot go wrong with this app! If you must try out the 'lite' version but the HD is on sale and you should grab it up as it is money well spent! HIGH 5 STARS!!!!!
This is an amazing app! 5 of my 6 kids (baby doesn't yet) love this app! Ages 2 to 10. They love being able to put their picture and customize their own room. Only draw back is we can't have more rooms, but we now have the Spanish version so they all have a room somewhere:) I love how they can do both puzzles and words in one app and switch back and forth between the 2 easily. The puzzles gradually get harder with each of the 3 levels. This has been great to help with fine motor skills when the kids have to turn the puzzle piece to get it to fit. My 2 yr. is getting much better. I love the word box and how it gradually gets harder too. This is one of my kids favorite apps!
- PINWHEEL LABS EOOD
- 232.5 MB
Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
English, Greek, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Pinwheel Labs
- In-App Purchases
- Vehicle Collection: play with 21 words and 30 puzzles $1.99
- Shapes and Colors Collection: play with 25 words and 35 puzzles $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.