Word Family Readers 4+
Readers Publications, LLC
Designed for iPad
- Offers In-App Purchases
Word Family Readers
By Readers Publications, LLC
The Word Family Readers Program makes learning to read easy and fun for beginning readers, struggling readers, those with learning disabilities and those learning English as a second language (ESL).
In this power packed program, there are 68 Word Family Books, *12 Learning Activities & Games for each book, 570 Word Picture Cards, 34 Vowel Combinations (short, long, r-controlled and vowel teams), and a Learning Activity for each Consonant.
Word Families + Word Picture Cards + Reading Books Together = Reading Success
Word Families are used to help the students learn many words quickly. For example, “at” is the Word Family in Book 1. By changing only the first consonant, students easily learn the Family Words for that book such as: bat, cat, hat, sat.
Word Picture Cards
On the Word Picture Cards, students view the word and picture together. Then when they see the word only, the students imagine the picture and then easily recall the word. For each book, Word Picture Cards appear in the Activities & Games and they also appear as pop-ups in the text. These cards feature 469 Family Words and 101 Sight Words. (The Sight Words take the students slightly into the third grade level.)
Reading Books Together
The students read the Family Words, Sight Words, and Review Words that are in large print. The teacher reads the rest of the words that are in small print. The students’ reading vocabulary increases with each book as they advance through the program.
*For each book, the students do the following 12 Learning Activities and Games.
1. Listen to the Book – Students hear and see the words that they will be reading. They also see the illustrations in the book which helps them relate the words to the pictures on the Word Picture Cards.
2. Review the Vowels - These are vowels that were taught in previous books.
3. Read the Review Words – These are words that were taught in previous books and that the students will read in this book.
4. Learn the Vowel Sound – This prepares the students for learning the Word Family.
5. Learn the Word Family – This prepares the students for learning the Family Words.
6. Match the Family Word – The students learn the Family Words.
7. Spell the Family Word – The students learn the Family Words.
8. Match the Sight Word – The students learn the Sight Words.
9. Spell the Sight Word – The students learn the Sight Words.
10. Play the Board Game – The students review the Family Words and Sight Words.
11. Read the Book – The students read the book with you.
12.Take the Quiz – The quiz checks the students’ comprehension.
The Word Family Readers Program may be used independently or to supplement any reading program. It’s great for introducing and reinforcing vowels and blends.
Use this program and watch your students’ reading skills jump by leaps and bounds!
Start the Word Family Readers program now by receiving a free 30 day trial. If you enjoy the free trial, your membership will automatically renew for $4.99 each month. If you don’t love it, cancel at any time.
-Payment will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase.
-Subscriptions automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
-Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period at the rate of your plan above.
-Subscriptions may be managed by the user and the auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user’s Account Settings on the device.
This app has been updated by Apple to display the Apple Watch app icon.
Ratings and Reviews
Amazing Reading Program
I am a retired teacher of 35 years and I taught both special and regular education. I'm very impressed with he Word Family Readers program.
Items that I believe are particular helpful to teachers/parents:
*The app is very manageable and includes complete directions for the adult using it.
*It is priced very reasonably.
*The lesson plans are easy to follow and complete.
*The Comprehension Quiz at the end of each book helps the adult measure the child's comprehension of the books.
Items I believe make the app not only a teaching tool for children but also makes it fun:
* The child uses his/her sight, hearing and tactile modalities while using the program. This greatly enhances the learning experience.
* The graphics make it a fun and enjoyable time.
* There is a wide variety of activities to reinforce the mastery of the words.
* Tracing the vowel sounds while hearing the sounds strengthens fine motor and is fun for the child.
*The visual picture on the word cards help the child memorize the word.
This is a great tool to help anyone learn to read! 👍🏻😃
Excellent Reading Program App!
This app is for new or struggling readers, or even ESL students.
It is an amazing program with entertaining games and books. The student will begin learning the consonants and vowels by tracing the letters and hearing the sounds. Then the student uses interactive games and activities to learn sight words and family words as they progress though the 68 books.
I am so impressed with Arlene's new app. She and her team of Jenny Willoughby (her daughter), Josh Koets and Dave Adams have created a remarkable app that will promote the love of reading.
I have been teaching students with reading disabilities for many years. Word Family Readers by Arlene Martin and Jenni Willoughby has all the necessary components of a successful, effective reading program. It addresses different learning styles - auditory, visual, verbal and kinesthetic. In addition, it is visually appealing, and it engages students with multi-sensory activities. This program is a winner!
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Readers Publications, LLC
- 202 MB
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2017 Readers Publication, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- All Access Monthly Subscription $1.99