Fit words into a grid in this popular game, often seen in puzzle magazines. The grid looks like a crossword, but there are no normal clues. Instead you must find the right place in the grid for each word from a given list. The game has an easy to use interface. Either drag-and-drop the words to their correct position, or tap the grid and then the word.
Play with an English word list or choose one of 25 other languages.
• Play an unlimited number of different puzzles!!
• Multiple difficulty options. Start with easy puzzles. Then change the settings to play more challenging puzzles.
You can configure:
1) Grid size
Specify exactly how many columns and rows to use (from 3 to 20). Even non square grids (e.g. 12x15) are possible.
2) Screen layout
Choose how much screen space for the grid and how much for the word list, using our unique movable split bar.
3) Minimum & Maximum word length
This helps avoid searching for many small words (a common problem in word apps). Also useful for specifying really difficult games (e.g. set both minimum and maximum word length to three).
4) Starting letters
The game can start with one or more letters already placed in the grid, in order to help you get started.
Choose the language of the word list, from a large range of downloadable dictionaries. 26 languages are currently available (see below).
Can be played in portrait or landscape mode. Just rotate your device and the display adjusts automatically.
This app gives you the ultimate power to play the game just the way you want.
Each game is assigned a difficulty level from 0 (easy) to 9 (very hard). The difficulty level is determined by the settings. Each difficulty level maintains the high scores (measured by fastest time to complete the game). The game displays the best 20 scores for each difficulty level.
Other features unique to this app:
1) View the definition of the word from an online source (e.g. Wiktionary), optimized for viewing on a small screen.
2) When you play with a word list in a foreign language, the word definition will (where possible) be in your own language. This is great for language learning!
Dictionaries available are English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Russian, Arabic, Bulgarian, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Finnish, Greek, Hungarian, Indonesian, Polish, Norwegian, Romanian, Serbian(Latin), Serbian(Cyrillic), Slovak, Slovene, Swedish, Turkish, Ukrainian and more coming later
1) Much more obvious and easy way of changing the game difficulty, but “custom” mode for full flexibility is still available
2) New functionality to easily switch between saved games
3) New look to the user interface, including better buttons
4) New screen backgrounds that integrate across the whole screen
5) It is now possible to change the language and the dictionary at the same time
6) You can now delete dictionaries that you have downloaded, in order to recover storage
7) Games not played for one month are now moved to an “archive” area
Ratings and Reviews
Enjoy this app very much
Easy to use app, nicely challenging. Some apps get too much into too many bells and whistles when all you want to do is play the game. This app doesn’t have a ton of frills yet it’s entertaining and a challenge.
Great Game For iPad
This is a challenging version of a crossword puzzle. Kind of addictive. Can be made harder or easier depending on your mood. Also one of the best formatted games for landscape orientation on an iPad.
Great puzzles, annoying ads
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Havos Ltd
- 58.8 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, Arabic, Bulgarian, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Filipino, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Norwegian Nynorsk, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © Havos Ltd
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.