WORD Force Reading Adventures is a free, game-based program that makes learning to read a fun adventure for your child. With silly characters and a creative “save the world” storyline, children will build key literacy skills and have fun along the way.
Featuring 15 interactive games, kids ages 5-8 will feel empowered as they become commander of the WORD Force superhero team. With silly, zany sidekicks, they’ll explore new worlds and new reading concepts—from phonological awareness to vocabulary, reading comprehension, and more.
The games were developed by the leading education technology company, EVERFI, whose courses are used by more than 46 million learners nationwide. These games are available for free, without in-app ads, thanks to Truist’s sponsorship. Truist and EVERFI collaborated to create an accessible, equitable, and enjoyable reading program for children nationwide.
- Kindergarten-2nd grade (ages 5-8)
- 15 total games, with 5 levels in each game
- Free, with no in-app ads. Truist sponsors WORD Force to ensure children have access to games that improve reading skills without financial barriers.
WHAT THEY’LL LEARN:
- Phonological awareness - rhyming (cat, sat)
- Phonics skills - alphabet letters sounds
- Spelling words - putting letters together to make words like cat, sock, bike, and rain
- Vocabulary – learning and using common words
- Reading comprehension - understanding the meaning of stories
BUILT BY EXPERTS, ALIGNED WITH STANDARDS:
Who is EVERFI?
With a network of 30,000+ schools and thousands of partners who share our mission, EVERFI delivers engaging digital resources to teachers, free of charge, to help equip students with real world skills for success beyond the classroom. We are now proud to expand our impact and provide our first resource directly to all families nationwide with the creation of the free WORD Force app.
Science of Reading Alignment:
- WORD Force games and resources incorporate practice in science of reading skills: phonemic awareness, phonics, vocabulary, reading fluency, and reading comprehension (National Reading Panel, 2000).
- The embedded instructional support and developmental scope and sequence in WORD Force align with how children learn literacy skills best: through explicit, systematic instruction (National Reading Panel, 2000).
- The Common Core State Standards for English Language Arts
- State-Based English Language Arts Standards
WHY IS WORD FORCE FREE?
Truist, a purpose-driven financial services company, sponsors WORD Force. Truist is built on care and believes literacy is a critical first step to achieving financial well-being. Early literacy helps increase academic achievement, graduation rates, and future earning potential. The games were developed by the leading education technology company, EVERFI, whose courses are used by more than 46 million learners nationwide. These games are available for free, without in-app ads, thanks to Truist’s sponsorship. Truist and EVERFI collaborated to create an accessible, equitable, and enjoyable reading program for children nationwide.
The WORDForce Team has been hard at work to bring you an excellent early literacy experience! This update includes:
- Interface Updates
- Intuitive Audio Controls
- Character Customization
- and more!
Ratings and Reviews
We love wordforce but not the app
We love wordforce in my house, we have been using the online version for about 9 months now. We were super excited to see that there was an app for it, considering it be easier for my seven year old daughter to access. Well we have been using this app for a few weeks now and unfortunately it keeps freezing on her, like every 10 minutes. I will close it out and reopen and it works fine but then 10 minutes later it freezes again. I also didn’t like how my daughter has a lot of progress made on the online version but the app doesn’t start her where she was at. So she’s having to go back in a redo certain things again, which a refresher can be nice, if the app didn’t freeze every 10 minutes. So my hope is that they can fix the freezing problem.
Could get logged in.
My daughter and I thought this looked like a great app, so we downloaded it, I made an account and waited over a week for an account varifcation email. Witch we got after we deleted the app.
We redownloaded it excited to possibly have it work but it didn’t, I changed my password. 3 time and each time it would highlight the password and say “ something wrong try again later” I waited and tried again multiple time untill we deleted the app again becuase it’s to much hassle to even get signed up.
Can’t set up account
The app requires an account to use and there is no way to set one up. Word Force doesn’t send the required email for set up (it doesn’t show up in junk). Very frustrating and support was no help.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- EverFi, Inc.
- 163.5 MB
- Requires iOS 16.1 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 16.1 or later.
- Age Rating
- 4+, Made for Ages 6–8
- © 2023 EVERFI, INC. All Rights Reserved.