Need to a play a simple game that requires no internet?
Word Jam - a fun scramble jumble word game
• Puzzles come in groups of 4 words
• Tap and hold to move letters around
• So easy, there's no need to learn anything!
- fixed some weird stuff thanks to your feedback!
Ratings and Reviews
Promising, but not quite there yet.
1. From one game to the next, words are often repeated, which becomes annoying instead of fun.
2. There is no way to end a game if you haven't solved all four words. You can close the app, but when you try to start over, it returns to the unfinished game.
3. The game would be more fun if the app included a link to something like the Anagram Solver app, so that if you decided to give up on a word, you could easily see option(s) you missed. I've downloaded the Anagram Solver app, and I do refer to it when I'm stumped, but it's a pain because you have to close down the Word Jam app, open the Anagram Solver, find the answer, close down the Anagram Solver app, reopen the Word Jam app, and finally correct the word left unsolved. TOO MUCH LIKE WORK.
There are other worthwhile suggestions among the listed reviews. Someone should be taking note of them. Thanks!
UI doesn't work well
The UI, as has been mentioned, does not work well. The letters do not drag properly. For example, a letter often cannot be dragged to the end of the word or sometimes just drops any old place, not where I've dragged it. There are sometimes multiple words that can be made from the letters given, but you have to mind read to figure out which one the game "wants". There are no clues, so there isn't a way to determine, other than by trial and error, which word is the "correct" one. I'd also like to see a bit more delay when the final letter of the last word to be solved in each puzzle is placed so one can see all the words.
This game has potential, but the flaws above really hurt the playability.
Developer Response ,
This has been really helpful feedback. Thank you. I will look resolve all these issues!
Loved this game until . . .
Wonderful 5 star rated game until the April 18th update. Now letters do not drag and drop easily. They are hard to move and often jump back to their former position. Also started cutting the game off immediately after the last letter of the last word is in place instead of pausing like before. Please make these corrections so I can give a five star review.
Thanks for your quick response! I have iPhone 6 Plus and am running the latest update 10.3.1. Hope this helps!
Developer Response ,
I'm sorry to hear that. Could you help me understand what version of iOS you are running? Perhaps what kind of phone you have too? Thanks!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.