Word Jigsaw is a simple and addictive word puzzle game!
A list of words has been broken into jigsaw pieces. Can you reassemble the puzzle and figure out all the words?
Word Jigsaw is awesome exercise for your brain. It combines verbal and spatial reasoning, and it's a great way to improve your spelling and vocabulary. Six levels make it perfect for both beginners and those who are looking for a serious challenge!
Be sure to check out our new Daily Crossword feature! There are three free Daily Crossword Jigsaws every day. Can you conquer all three?
• Six levels (three are free)
• Unlimited puzzles using 30,000+ words
• Great for building vocabulary and spelling skills
• Tracks your averages, times and records
• A fun mental exercise to keep your brain sharp!
Lots of new stuff in this update. I hope you guys enjoy it!
- New daily Crossword Jigsaw feature! There are three free Crossword Jigsaw puzzles every day (one each in three levels). Be sure to check them out! I've been having loads of fun testing this feature for you guys ;)
- Expanded dictionary with 3X as many words! This means words won't repeat as often for you hard-core users who were playing through the entire dictionary.
- Now with sound!
- Fixed the too-light text on iPad. Thanks to all the users who emailed about this bug!
- Fixed the bug with the "Play Again" button that made it hard to press
- Better layout of pieces when you open a new game
- Fixed the bug that was causing Ads to be shown mid-game (sorry about this! how annoying)
- Fixed a bug that made the game freeze without internet access
Happy puzzling! ~Sarah
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
This is really two apps in one. There is a multi-level word-building game using horizontal words, and a three-level daily crossword creation game.
The various levels mean you can match the difficulty to your ability and available time.
It’s more demanding than most other word games in the App store, so the rather vanilla graphics are entirely appropriate because the focus is on the game and not on flashy presentation. I usually resent paying for apps, but a measly $3 makes the ads go away and opens up additional levels. If you explore a little and find the photo of the developer, you’ll see that it’s actually Sarah’s child who is programming this great app. Quite remarkable!
Great Game and Quite Addicting
As said in so many of the other 4 and 5 Star Ratings, this is really a fun game which works well to pass some relaxing idle moments. Yes, both a puzzle and a word game combined in one. If you are having difficulties, it provides hints at the 2 and 4 minute mark to ease the frustration. I play their highest level free level which is labeled MEDIUM and enjoy the challenge.
There are two additional levels which you can purchase and also avoid the ads that come at the conclusion of each game. I simply mute my sound and "X" them out. Overall still a 5 STAR AP by my standards. If you have played SCRABBLE in the old daily newspaper, You'll love this SCRABBLE STYLE GAME and the added JIGSAW TWIST.
Excellent! Though the daily puzzles differ
For the regular puzzles, you put jigsaw pieces together to make words. You only need to make words horizontally. For the daily puzzles, you need to make words horizontally and vertically. Also, all of the pieces are the same shape (cubes).
I prefer the daily puzzles to the regular puzzles and wish that the regular puzzles resembled them. Two other wishes: (1) the option to turn off the timer and (2) landscape orientation for iPads. It’s annoying to have to rearrange my iPad from how I use it 95% of the time. I also lose the prop-up feature of my case because that only works in landscape.
Note that this game does not have a “level select” screen. The plus is that you jump right into a game without having to navigate to and select your current puzzle. The minus is that you don’t have any goalposts. You don’t know the total number of puzzles, and you don’t know what your progress is (20% done? 50%?). I kinda miss knowing that.
Lastly, there is a typo on the daily puzzle instruction screen (“accross” instead of “across”).
- Sarah Pierce
- 37.4 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2012 Megafauna Software
- In-App Purchases
- Premium $2.99
- 50 Hints $0.99
- 150 Hints $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.