Word Master is an innovative version of the traditional “Crosswords" board game.
Not needing internet connection, using unique fast artificial intelligence resources and with highly customizable options, Word Master is used by crosswords enthusiasts for quick offline training and induce the players to improve their skills and reasoning in the game.
Create words with the 7 letters on your rack and place them on the 15 by 15 tile board. Boost your score by placing letters on the special Double Letter, Double Word, Triple Letter and Triple Word bonus tiles.
• French (Français)
• Portuguese (Português)
• German (Deutsch)
• Spanish (Español)
• Italian (Italiano)
• Dutch (Nederlands)
• Norwegian (Norsk)
• Romanian (Romana)
• Greek (Ελληνικά)
• Catalan (Català)
PLAY AGAINST THE COMPUTER
Choose the level and the duration of the game. No more waiting long hours for your opponent to play! Both computer and player tiles are randomly selected, simulating in the best way possible a game against a real opponent.
PASS N' PLAY
Play offline against friends using the same device! In the bus, airport, train or wherever you are.
Find out if you are a true champion. In this mode, you score more points in each turn as you come closer to the best possible word. Try to beat your high scores!
IMPROVE YOUR PERFORMANCE WITH THE MASTER
After each turn, you will be able to see which words you could have played. Learn how to use the bonus squares on the board and the standards for the formation of words.
ENRICH YOUR VOCABULARY WITH WORD DEFINITIONS
Swipe your finger across any word on the board and get its definition. (Internet required)
DESIGN YOUR OWN BOARD
Use your creativity to place the bonus squares just where you want them to be.
• Do not waste your time searching whether the word you chose exists! As you place the word on the board, the game will display whether the word is valid or not and its score.
• Get tips for valid words being created in your rack as you are arranging your letters (You can enable or disable this feature at any time).
• Save your game and resume it later.
• Keep track of your records and stats (e.g. best final score, best word ever played, total bingos and more).
• Choose from various board layouts, including random.
• Block the droid from using very rare words.
• Bad draw helper (avoid receiving a rack with no consonants or no vowels).
• Two dictionaries in English available
•Leaderboards through Game Center
Meeting requirements to upcoming iOS version
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
I have been a player of Scrabble EA for several years until they recently announced it is being replaced by Scrabble One, which is a disaster. I went on the hunt for a better replacement and found this, which I have been using for a short while. The more I use it, the more I like it. I would even rate it above Scrabble EA, which was the benchmark. Some of the features I really like that Scrabble EA did not have:
1. Swipe over a played word and it gives the definition.
2. The playing board fills the whole screen.
3. When playing against the computer, you aren’t always the one who plays first.
4. There is selectable option to prevent the computer from playing really obscure words.
5. Advertising doesn’t pop up after every word has been played.
6. Pay the $2.99 for the advert free version and you also get valid words appear above the rack as you move the tiles on the rack. You also get a night mode switch plus a few extra features. PAY THE $2.99 - IT’S A BARGAIN FOR THE EXTRA FEATURES.
The reason I stated in the title that it’s ‘almost perfect’ is because I would like to see the developer add feature, like Scrabble EA, that shows the score of the last played word next to that word on the board. Also show the number of tiles in the computer’s rack once the bag is empty.
Straight to the point
I went through two word game apps before this, both of which were utterly insistent on “connect to the internet! Play with your friends! Connect this to your social media!”
I deleted both, because what neither of them got is that I just wanted to play word games. That’s it. I don’t need to connect the app to my Snapchat. I don’t WANT to have to connect with friends over Facebook to play a game.
This app is straight to the point, and has good customization options. You can play against a computer, play locally against someone, or try and rack up a high score. And honestly, that is all that I want, and it is everything that I want.
If you want to play word games, then this app is great for doing that. If you want to add a ‘word games’ feature to your social media, then there are plenty of other apps for that.
The Best There Is
Being incredibly late to the party, I decided to get words with friends thinking it would be like my old scrabble app. Boy what a surprise I was in for. I’m not a gamer. I don’t care for prizes and badges, and certainly don’t have any interest in using game currency or real money to purchase extra “features”. This game is wonderful. Cuts out all the garbage and lets you enjoy a game for what it is. The ads aren’t intrusive and video ones only play after each game (not after each move). Would I like to play with my family? Of course. But for all the benefits this app has its worth losing that feature. Besides, this has a pass and play mode so I can see them in person to play and spend more quality time with them, just like using the old fashion board game.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Luis Gualandi
- 28.6 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Norwegian Bokmål, Portuguese, Romanian, Spanish, Ukrainian
- Age Rating
- © Luis Gualandi
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.