This is the classic version of Word Shaker, a word searching game with a twist: words don't have to be in a straight line. Your goal is to earn the most points by finding words in a grid. Each letter has a particular point value, and you earn bonuses by forming longer words.
If you get stuck, just shake the device to scramble your letters!
Online leaderboards, compete with friends and people around the world.
- Grid sizes from 4x4 to 8x8
- 1, 3, 5, 10, 15 and 30 minute timed games
- Relaxing untimed games
- Stuck? Shake to shuffle the board
- Fast unlimited board generator, no waiting
- Easy & smooth word circling (tap or slide)
- Full report of found and missed words after a game
- Option to email the report+board for review
- Option to turn off sounds and/or special effects
- Personal high scores, track your progress
- Daily, Weekly and Monthly leaderboards
- Highest scoring words toplist, personal and global
Got an iPad? Check out Word Shaker HD Free!
- fixes font problems on iOS10
- added haptic feedback option
- misc fixes
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
This is one of my favorites. The Lite version was so engaging I bought the full version. It's worthwhile to not have ads blocking the bar where the word one has constructed appears as it is built. A few thoughts for improvement:
1. Add another color to indicate a word that has already been found in the puzzle in any configuration of the letters. This color can appear in the puzzle grid itself, in the building bar above the grid, as well as in the report after the puzzle has been completed.
2. Are all the alternate spellings actually in the dictionary? Perhaps you can link with a dictionary to make it easy to check a spelling that is dubious.
3. Sometimes the found words bar lists new words overlapping previous words. It would be nice if this did not occur.
4. I don't know why there is sometimes no response when I slide my finger over the letters. Other times I get a delayed response. Yet other times I have to hold a word for a full second before it will appear to be recorded. This is most frustrating in timed games.
5. Is there any way one could have an ongoing untimed game and, concurrently, a series of timed games? This would be really nice.
6. It would be fun to know the number of potential words in a timed puzzle. It would be motivating. A shake would result in a different number appearing. It could be displayed as a fraction, the way it is in an untamed game.
The ads come up and blare sound even if you have the app sound turned off. Warning, do not play late at night while in bed!
Update: now there is an ad that comes up for a full 30seconds disabling the game when you launch it.
Update 2: if you pause a game, then return and restart the game with 15 seconds left, the clock starts, but an ad appears that you cannot dismiss, and at the end of the ad, it’s GAME OVER. Guess what, it’s game over for word shaker. My next step is deleting the app.
Used to be my favorite
This was my favorite game for years but there was an update that increased ads and bugs. It crashes constantly so now I can't even play it. I told the developers several times but they don't do anything about it. I'm forced to move on to another game which makes me very sad.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.