Word Wagon is a fun, award-winning app teaching letters, phonics and spelling. Based on Common Core State Standards, Word Wagon teaches more than 100 words including, 44 Dolch sight words. There are 4 levels of learning were kids will learn letter names, sounds and spelling of 4 and 6 letter words. AWARDS: Parents’ Choice Gold Award; Children’s Technology Review Editor’s Choice Award. AGES: 2-6.
- LEARN letters, words and phonics
- PLAY with Mozzarella the Mouse and his best friend Coco the bird
- COLLECT stickers. Earn colorful stickers for each word in a sticker book. Touch the animated stickers to hear funny sounds.
- EARN stars. Use the stars to make different constellations, which are shaped like animals.
Mozzarella the mouse will dress up as an astronaut and float in space!
- DISCOVER interactive surprises like playing hide and seek, dressing up as a ghost and drawing pictures with Mozzarella the Mouse and Coco
ABOUT DUCK DUCK MOOSE
(A wholly-owned subsidiary of Khan Academy)
Duck Duck Moose, an award-winning creator of educational mobile apps for families, is a passionate team of engineers, artists, designers, and educators. Founded in 2008, the company has created 21 top-selling titles and has received 21 Parents’ Choice Awards, 18 Children’s Technology Review Awards, 12 Tech with Kids’ Best Pick App Awards, and a KAPi award for “Best Children’s App” at the International Consumer Electronics Show.
Khan Academy is a nonprofit with a mission to provide a world-class education for anyone, anywhere. Duck Duck Moose is now part of the Khan Academy family. We rely on our community of volunteers and donors. Get involved today at www.duckduckmoose.com/about.
Check out the Khan Academy app to learn and practice all kinds of topics for elementary school through college and beyond.
We’d love to hear from you! Visit us at www.duckduckmoose.com or drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks for learning with us! We have some big news!
We’ve launched a new learning app for kids 2–6 called Khan Academy Kids. It’s 100% FREE with no ads or subscriptions needed.
This new version of Word Wagon includes some small changes for iOS 13. Please update today!
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Needs one extra feature
I love this app for my daughter who is 13 and has a developmental disability. We want to recommend it to others in our community but it needs to have one additional feature before we can really spread the word. Please consider a setting that would allow us to turn off the requirement to “build a word” in letter order. Thank you!
The app itself has a nice layout, however it has inherent problems that are restricting and distracting to kids.
1. Drag is unforgiving for kids. The kids are expected to drag it all the way.
2. Word assembly requires kids to gather letters in orderly fashion. For example, N-U-T must be placed in the same order left to right. Why not allow kids to build however order they like?
3. The tweety helper bird and the mouse are too distracting from the original intend of the game. It has so many weird functionalities when kids touch them which are totally not needed and distracting. Parents should be able to disable them in the preferences.
4. Other apps link should be accessible only parents.
My son enjoys it but he sees himself restricted and distracted by the arrangements of the app.
Lack of excitement
Downloaded and tried it out myself before letting my kids use it. It is lacking some excitement. I think my kids will stop using it after 15 minutes, but will see...
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.