*** FEATURED BY APPLE! MOST DOWNLOADED WORD GAME IN 30 COUNTRIES! ***
----- A new kind of word game for puzzle lovers! ------
*** Swipe your finger across the “letter bubbles” to spell out hidden words! ***
Are you a word search expert? Then you’ll love the concept of WordBubbles! Swipe across, up, down, and diagonally to connect each letter bubble and build specific hidden words. Progress to harder levels with bigger and bigger puzzles!
-------------- Can’t connect the letters? ---------------------
Remember you have to solve the words in the right order!
7 Reasons to try WordBubbles right now:
- It’s free!
- WordBubbles offers more than 2 700 levels, from easy to difficult!
- Get smarter… Sharpen your skills in vocabulary and spelling!
- Every day you can play a new daily challenge and earn free bonus hints!
- It’s the perfect blend of brainteaser, word game, and puzzle!
- Compete with your friends and follow their progress!
- Easy to use, a challenge to beat!
IMPORTANT: some users claim there is a bug in the game. It’s not! If you can’t connect the letters it’s because you have solved the words in the wrong order! The solution? Restart the level by tapping the reset-button in the lower left corner, and try to solve the words in a new order! Good luck!
Can you think outside the bubble? Start word-playing now and see how many levels you can beat!
Bug fixes and performance improvements.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Please give us style or volume control
Generally I love it, but I had an earlier version before and recently downloaded a fresh version for my new phone discovering some changes I don’t like. The ads are even more annoying now, loud and video-style like TV commercials, but I know that can be removed. What frustrates me most is that after solving a puzzle a new celebratory sequence plays, which is screamingly loud compared to the rest of the game’s volume levels, outright painful if you have earbuds in. And the game originally appealed to me for its sophistication, which then included an equally nice but demure celebratory transition. The new trumpets transition is jarringly childish, as if ripped out of some other kids’ game and thoughtlessly dumped in. The combination of stylistic discord and painful volume make the transition very uncomfortable and unpleasant, something I wish I could avoid. But turning off sound effects doesn’t let me choose the sounds individually, so escaping the trumpets causes me to lose all the other cute sounds that made me love the game. I’m torn when I consider whether to play anymore. I wish we would be given an update that allows us to choose our celebratory transition type, or at least allows us to control the sound effects individually. Then I could enjoy it again without jolting or cringing.
Fun, not perfect though
The game is simple to learn, but as you advance it can become so challenging that it isn't fun. That's when I take a break for a few months to gather up free hints from the daily puzzles- because the hint packages for sale are ridiculously expensive.
There are two major flaws that I see in this game, which keep me from giving it 5 stars.
1) You cannot pick the game difficulty that you want to play; you start at the very basic easy levels and work your way up. Sometimes, I want to focus in and work a devilishly challenging level, while other times I've got a few minutes to kill and want something easier to do. This game gets very boring when you get to the top levels and you're left with nothing but puzzles that will take you a long time to do.
2) There is no way to record the words you've found in the current puzzle you're working on. This is for the higher levels, where you've got multiple difficult words which have to be traced in a certain way or you risk not being able to complete the missing words. It isn't uncommon to have to restart a puzzle because you left a few straggling letters on the board that you can no longer connect. Unless you have written down your "known" words, or have a good memory for sometimes esoteric words, it's possible to forget those words when you restart. A Notes function within the game would be great!
I love this game! It's much more challenging than your typical word search. There might be more than one path to make a particular word but only one is the correct way to be able to connect the letters for the remaining words. One of the things I really like (especially in the lower levels) is that there are a lot of red herring words that make it even more challenging. If you're looking for a quick-fix game this might not be for you. I'm in the Grey Whale set of puzzles and it often takes me multiple sessions to solve. I must have bought the minimal hint package to remove the ads which was, what, $1.99? Knowing now how much I enjoy Word Bubbles, I would gladly have paid more—shhh! With the daily hints that I earn, this is way more than enough. Don't use hints, do stretch your brain, that's the fun of the challenge! I have not had any of the technical issues other reviewers have mentioned.
Update: I’m now up to level 1126, have amassed hundreds of free hints by religiously playing the daily puzzles, continue to love the challenge even when it takes me multiple sessions to see the words and/or solve the correct paths, and stand by my 5-star rating!
- Apprope AB
- 112.4 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2014 - 2020 Apprope AB
- In-App Purchases
- 20 Hints $1.99
- 50 Hints $4.99
- 105 Hints $9.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.