WARNING: WordHub is addictive! Rated #1 app in the App Store in the Word Game category in 19 countries in 2013–2015 (Source: https://www.appannie.com/apps/ios/app/wordhub/app-ranking/#device=ipad&type=best-ranks)
WordHub is a word game in which you must build as many words as you can from the letters inside the word wheel. Don't forget to find the secret 7-letter word every round! Features single and multiplayer and timed and untimed games.
* See which of your friends are already playing, then challenge them! Or go up against random opponents across all platforms of the WordHub arena. Play on any device!
* Challenge yourself! With two modes of single-player gameplay. Even play offline!
* Untimed Game: Stretch your brain to its limit to find every last solution, with no clock.
* Play in a dozen different languages! English, Spanish, German, French, Portuguese, Italian, Russian, and more!
* Unlock badges for in-game achievements.
* Use Hints to find even the toughest words.
* Score extra points for longer words.
* Earn coins just by challenging your friends! Redeem coins for hints or to upgrade to WordHub Pro and get full access to answers and stats.
* Learn new words and boost your vocabulary. Look up the definitions of solutions with TheFreeDictionary.com—the world's most comprehensive dictionary!
* Download The Free Dictionary app by Farlex and increase your vocabulary arsenal. Bookmark your favorite WordHub answers and even share your favorite new words with friends.
Farlex is an independent, global company, offering innovative, easy-to-use online reference and learning tools.
* Bug fixes.
* If you like WordHub, please rate it 5 stars. We read every review!
Ratings and Reviews
[Will update review]
You would really expect the full app to be designed better and run smoother than the minigame embedded in the Free Dictionary app, but it's not at all. There's a tiny but noticeable delay each time you tap a letter, and you have to tap EACH letter in reverse order to delete a word, which is a significant downgrade to what I thought was a clever and streamlined design. Plus the visuals are uglier, and the multiplayer features don't seem to work. You're better off downloading The Free Dictionary just to play WordHub if that's your thing.
Edit: I managed to play my first multiplayer round (after 6–8 separate occasions when it claimed to have trouble connecting to the internet, even though my connection was fine. I'm not the first person to complain about this either). I'll wait to see if this is an improvement or a fluke. It's definitely useful to know how to clear a whole word, but why not keep the mechanic where you can tap any already-tapped letter and erase everything after it? It's both more efficient and more intuitive, in my view.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your feedback. We will pass it along to our development team. You can delete multiple letters at once by tapping whatever you have already typed. What happens when you try to play a multiplayer game?
Obvious features lacking
If you put in a word you have already spelled, you have to eat race it let her buy letter and backwards. Ridiculous. Needs an eraser or better yet the word just pops away if you've already entered it. Also needs an end button. When you have 10 of 15 words can't end.
NO Support, Buggy, Pay Twice -- App and Online
I've been asking over and over to get various bugs fixed. Earlier, they responded, saying they'd fix them soon. Now, no response at all.
I paid for the iPhone app, but that doesn't allow me to use the online app -- they want me to pay AGAIN! They say they're working on this glitch -- for MONTHS. Oy.
I really hate the in-app polling -- "Do you love it? No? Tell us about it." It's all aimed at preventing you from reviewing the app here and giving them a bad review. Too late.
- Farlex, Inc.
- 74.1 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Farlex Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Level 2 $0.99
- Level 3 $0.99
- Level 4 $0.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.